Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,018 Posts
Chico.Heidi said:
I read on another board that you can spray your yard down with a 2% ivory soap solution and water to repel fleas. I thought I would just repeat it here because I know many of us on here suffer from those little buggers! It seems much safer than using harsh chemicals.

Sorry, what is an "ivory soap solution"?
:oops:

·
Super Moderator
16,018 Posts
Chico.Heidi said:
I haven't tried it but I think I might. I don't like spraying chemicals. I wonder if the soap will kill my lawn. My husband would kill me! :lol:

Naw - it won't kill it. That Jerry Baker guy who is always giving out home remedies for lawns, gardens and bugs always uses products mixed with dish soap. I think most of them work. That is why I was asking about the solution, because he usually has three or four things mixed in with the soap and calls it a solution. Like for a mosquitoe repellant for outside. He tells you to mix 1 cup Lemon dish soap, 1 cup lemon ammonia and 1 gal water and then put it into a spray gun and spray your bushes with it to repel the mosquitoes. This will not hurt your plants and will actually encourage them to grow.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts