Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I notice as Jasmine matures (she's 2 1/2 now) she's been getting "cranky" with the other dogs. Especially Sosi. Jazzy has started guarding her food and toys. Not from us, we can put our hands in her food bowl and she's fine. Her and Sosi are starting to get into more and more "scuffles" outside over silly things like sticks or a found ball. I call them scuffles because theres alot of noise but it breaks up easily and no one is injured. Usually, as soon as they hear someone coming it's all over. Jazzy isn't a dominant dog per se, but I have a feeling I'm going to have to watch these girls alot closer now. I may be in the crate and rotate family in the future. Thank god Sosi isn't a bulldog! :?

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Tell Jazzy to cut it out :D

But really... see if there is any way you can stop Jazzy from doing these things. Make her see that she has no place in the house to hide things from the other dogs and that is your place to do things like that. She might not like it, but at least she can learn to ignore it and just walk away instead of getting into a scuffle... Sosi might need a little of this too since she is younger

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kate said:
Tell Jazzy to cut it out :D

But really... see if there is any way you can stop Jazzy from doing these things. Make her see that she has no place in the house to hide things from the other dogs and that is your place to do things like that. She might not like it, but at least she can learn to ignore it and just walk away instead of getting into a scuffle... Sosi might need a little of this too since she is younger
Ya know, I think Sosi is the instigator in this. She is a little trouble maker and will jump on Jazz every second she can. She's a hoarder too. She will steal things and put them in her kennel for later! LOL "Little thief", we call that girl. She takes cups, toilet paper, she once had a bar of soap in there. :?

Jazz isn't so bad in the house, it's actually more outside now that I think about it. She will race the other dogs to the back of the fence to get the squirrels then she snarls and bites when they try to get near. I swear my neighbors must think they're killing eachother out there. :roll:

·
Registered
634 Posts
i gess we are verry fortunate we never have fights at our house ours eat out of the bowl at the same time drink at the same time and with bones and tugs one on eather end and one in the middel and if the bone is to small they get another one from ther pile of toys

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Puregrover said:
i gess we are verry fortunate we never have fights at our house ours eat out of the bowl at the same time drink at the same time and with bones and tugs one on eather end and one in the middel and if the bone is to small they get another one from ther pile of toys
Awww I am surprised you guys can get a bowl big enough for all those girlies heads to fit in at once!!

My 3 girls and boy drink out of same bowl, but eating out of the same bowl, HA! Not in a lifetime, big battles bust out if any of them go near the others food bowl.

As for Jazzy, maybe the girl needs her space. Sometimes dogs living with other dogs it is hard for them. With mine, I have to crate and rotate when I feel its getting too much with the 3 of them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts