Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new to the site and wondered if anyone could help. I've read the posts re: jealousy!!! I have two staffs and usually at night or when the younger one's asleep and the older one approaches she tends to growl....sometimes this is short lived but on the occassion she lunges for the older one and they seem to have a full on fight (including blood)!!!! It takes my other half to jump between to stop them - even then it takes a while for them to calm down!

Usually the younger b-witch that starts does also come back to the older one and lick her face (which I read is a sign of submission) - does anyone have any ideas!???

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Staffies Turning

Thanks for the reply! They aren't spayed.....the older one is 6 and the vet warned it may be a bit later and wouldn't necessarily be beneficial. Although I might go back and have a word!

I read earlier that it meant they thought they owned us and our possessions as it only seems to occur on the bed - when either I'm alone or with my partner???

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Could be, more likely she's claiming the bed as her own and wants to be sure the other one doesn't come near. Try keeping them both off of the bed, make sure they both know it's YOUR bed. It may pop up again with some other possession though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Staffies Update

Hiya,

Just thought I'd drop a line....obviously haven't had them spayed yet but literally called the older one over for some attention and then the other one (the aggresive one) second.....hey presto, they slept on the floor for the first night since I got them - the younger one (more aggressive dog), sat on the floor watching me and wont leave my side now but seems to have already been knocked down a pet or two.

Will keep you posted.

Many thanks for the advice!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.