Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Agent Squint
4,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well roxy's fianally learning not to jump up! After watching a lady with a jumpy lab, being shown how to get it to stop. Roxy and I gave it ago, now when people call she has to sit, when she goes to jump I tell her 'OFF!' then recall her, then I lead her back to the person 'sit' and we try agin, as soon as she goes to jump 'OFF' and recall... then try again. Eventually she learns she has to sit. I don't have her on the leash neither, so she's doing the correction herself without me having to enforce it :)

Dog training is priceless, I'm using the commands with have learnt in our last 2 lessons :)

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
That's great! The hardest part of training is sticking to it. It's so much easier just to let them do their own thing, but they'll never behave that way! Nice job. <<<HUGS>>> for Roxy for being so good. :D

·
Registered
10,116 Posts
Good job, Roxy!!

I really need to teach my dogs this... the problem is that I LIKE when they jump up to give me kisses, so I've never discouraged it. Now they try to jump on everyone, and they don't think it's quite as cute.

·
Agent Squint
4,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LuvaBULL said:
Good job, Roxy!!

I really need to teach my dogs this... the problem is that I LIKE when they jump up to give me kisses, so I've never discouraged it. Now they try to jump on everyone, and they don't think it's quite as cute.
Same here, I love the way she jumps off the ground to kiss me on the lips lol Wonder if I can teach her it is ok just to jump up at me?

But you will definately love the training, it's so rewarding! Roxy new all the basic, sit,stay,lay etc but she would only do it when she wanted.

Hopefully soon we can go out for walks and I know she will come when I say come! Tell you what is cool, we have been working on stay wherever the dog is, when ppl now call round my house and she comes running down the stairs, I say STAY and stops in her tracks!

love it lol :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.