Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately my Pit has been jumping up on the counter to get to things. He gets a correction when I am there but he seems to be getting away with a lot of things. Bread etc. I am unable to block off the kitchen with gates since he jumps over them now. I was thinking of mouse traps upside down that would startle him when he puts his paws up. Anyone have any other suggestions????

·
Registered
414 Posts
Get a scat mat strip. Its just some wires in a plastic strip that when two wires are touched at the same time it gives a bit of static. Ive put my hand on it to test it a couple of times and its just a suprise, not pain. Like when you where socks on carpet and touch something.

I hav one, but not the strip. Its a big square that is used to cover a doorway. I found out she could jump over it so i got a fake one. No problems at all. She used to get into the living room, take a pee/poop and zoomy around the house.

Spelling and grammar is not my friend today.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Pet Smart sells a leash that loops around the back legs that keeps dogs from jumping up on people. Maybe it would work if used for your specific problem of jumping on counters?

·
Registered
965 Posts
My parents use a scat mat to keep their counter surfing wolfdog out of the kitchen all together. The cats have learned to jump over it, but I think Mariahh believes it can zap her in the air. They also sell these things that look like rat traps with a big fly swatter on it. I haven't used one, so I have no idea if they work.

One thing I have used before, for dogs and cats, that worked is tape. I made little rolls and stuck it on whatever I wanted them to stay off of. They hated getting the tape stuck on them.

Someone had suggested to me using a piece of cardboard with a bunch of thumb tacks pushed through and taped down to the counter. I haven't ever needed to used this method. But I guess I would try it if it could save my dogs from ingesting something that could be fatal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts