Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
The easiest and best way to get involved is to find a mentor. Contact the AKC or check thier website for the local bulldog club in your area (a sub group of the Bulldog Club of America). There should be a list of breeders/exhibitors within the club. Start making calls to them and find out if any of them are willing to help teach you the ins and outs of showing. It is a ton of fun and definitely addicting!

If you decide not to show, agility, rally-o, therapy work..any of these activities can be a fun way to get involved with your dogs.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I personally can't understand why you can't show a fixed dog, if you don't plan on breeding them.
The reason for conformation shows is to find out how your dog stacks up in the breed and if it is structurally breedworthy. I would love to see a fun conformation class for altered dogs, but having altered dogs show against possible breeding stock would anger alot of folks and be a waist of time. There are many activities other than conformation to do with your dogs....if you don't plan on breeding, conformation shows would'nt really be worth your time.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Check out http://www.tdi-dog.org/ for therapy dog training in your area. Depending on your EB's type, rally-o, agility..any of these activities are possible. My EB, Shrek, is an athletic little turd..always on the go..sometimes I wish i could nail his paws to the floor!

·
Registered
704 Posts
I know they do have the Bullylympics somewhere on the east coat (NY maybe?)

As far as just rally-o and agility in general, they are open to all breeds (not breed specific), and you should be able to contact some local trainers/vets/boarding kennels/breeders..anyone in your area who does these things with thier dogs and they could help you with dates,times, training, etc. It doesn't matter where your dog places..just as long as it's safe and you have fun in the process! I'm looking at a Bulldog calendar right now showing two EB's running an agility course..it's possible!

Shrek..what can I say...his breeders get the credit for putting some awesome dogs together...I just keep him lean and active! He eats Royal Canin Bulldog Formula and gets glucosamine/chondroiton/msm, ester-c and fish oil as a supplement. He also LOVES fruit..bananas especially (lets just say he goes "bananas" for bananas!LOL!)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.