Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I haven't been around for a while, been a bit busy.

I just wanted to tell you all how well Yemi is doing in her training. She is 7 months old now and is doing so brilliant. Ok I will show off and say she is the best in her dog class. We don't go every week as I am so busy at the moment with family commitments and work.
But her sit and wait/stay is amazing.
An example of this is the other day in the park. I was walking with a friend and his dog, Yemi was on her lead and I told her to wait while I took her lead off so that she could have a good run. I took her lead off and walk off down the road talking to my friend. We must have gone a few hundred yards when we realised Yemi wasn't with us :? I turned round to see where she was and she was still sitting at the top of the road :lol: bless her. Yes I know, terrible owner not paying attention :shock: it was so funny though :lol: I hadn't meant her to wait for ever, just long enough to get her lead off :lol:

·
Agent Squint
4,225 Posts
Way to go! Roxy's the top of her class, but the rest of the dogs in her group are complete wackos :tard: :lol:

·
Registered
932 Posts
That's amazing stuff... i am so jealous!

patch is often referred to as the kid who mucks up in class because most of the time he is focussing... but then WHAM all he wants to do is play with the other dogs or show off about how cute he is!

he is the biggest attention seeker! (sort of takes after me in school...)

and he is temperamental when it comes to 'staying' it depends if he feels like listening or not.....

generally a treat is good motivation..

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yemi is really good at both wait and stays all the other dogs in her class break it. But she is really good and never moves.
The thing we have problems with is the walking to heal. She does do it but doesn't enjoy it :cry: she just suffers it with a very bored expression on her face. She's better when we walk slow (steady) as she pays more attention. You would never believe she was going to be good at the classes as when we arrive she literally drags me across the car park to get to the other dogs. But when we start work she buckles down to it.
I don't know if anyone remembers my major problem with her was jumping all over people when we go to the park. She is always off lead (yes I know lots of you don't agree with this, but I think may be the park we go to is a bit different to some of the parks some of you go to) Anyway this wait command has done wonders with that as long as I pay attention before she sees someone and is off. She now justs sits still while people and other dogs walk by.

I'm sure you will get there with Patch (it's likely a boy thing :lol: ) I do think female dogs are calmer (tough wood) I find treats a great incentive also. Yemi is so food orientated. The first thing I taught Yemi to do was to wave, it looks so cute (Thank you Paula)
A few weeks ago we had to join the next class up, as our trainer was away. We had to do a recall through two lines of other dogs (if that makes sense) Well Yemi was great she ignored all the other dogs as she ran pass them then she sat in front of me waving :roll: wow did everyone laugh :oops:

I guess now we are approaching the teenage doggy years so I hope she doesn't start taking a back-wards step in her training :?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts