Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2,838 Posts
I dont have any advice to offer but I wanted to send
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
From Buster and I.I can only imagine what you are going through and how stressed you guys are.
You have three dogs and thats enough to pull your hair out let alone one who has the craps,weight loss and loss of hair.
My god, thats enough to make anyone go nutty.Go to the vet get her checked out and hopefully you will have answers soon and all this will just be a nightmare of the past.I sure hope it all works out.Give some pepto to help settle her belly.Cheese will help as well.Good luck

· Registered
2,838 Posts
Oh my gosh, I know how frustrating times like this are.You clean the poo,cage, walls and rugs to come back a few hours later to find it had happened again and it does get old after awhile.Keep giving the pepto.You should be able to call the vet and ask for meds.Buster was put on something ( sorry brain fart and dont remember what it is called ) one pill a day and with in a few days his poo was back to normal.I got the meds with out having to take him in and spend lots of $$$$ so maybe you could try that.Also give cheese.Cheese will help get her back to pooing solid again.I really feel for you guys.You are probably pulling your hair out by now having to deal with this.Hopefully it ends soon.

TIP~ Move out the crate and throw down trash bags then put the crate on top of the trash bags this way if the poo over flows or splats it is not on your floors but the trash bags.You can even tape trash bags along the wall were the crate is to protect the wall and then just throw the bags out.Less scrubbing on your part.

Good luck and keep us updated on her.

· Registered
2,838 Posts
HausMommy said:
Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Pat, Justice's symptoms are diarrhea and hairloss. She hasn't thrown up lately. She's not acting lethargic, or sluggish, and has no problem eating. There's no yellowish tint to her eyes or gums, and her diarrhea isn't bloody. I'm going to call the emergency vet and see what they suggest.

Did you call the vet? What did they say?

· Registered
2,838 Posts
gazar said:
HausMommy said:
Kelly said:
HausMommy said:
Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Pat, Justice's symptoms are diarrhea and hairloss. She hasn't thrown up lately. She's not acting lethargic, or sluggish, and has no problem eating. There's no yellowish tint to her eyes or gums, and her diarrhea isn't bloody. I'm going to call the emergency vet and see what they suggest.

Did you call the vet? What did they say?
They told me to stop giving her the Pepto, and bring her in if she starts to act lethargic, or vomits. Otherwise, I'm supposed to talk to my vet about it on Thursday when they have their appt.

Glad she does not have the diamond food symptoms. If they do not want you to
give her the Pepto what did they suggest you could do until your appointment.
At least give her some Pedyalite to keep system in order and maybe some canned
or fresh chicken broth for liquid to help keep her from getting dehydrated.
Give her hugs. Thursday sure does seem a long time away.
:(

I bet Thursday does seem like a long ways off.
I am curious as well what you are to give her if not pepto.
She cant go on till Thursday having the runs :roll:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.