Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,069 Posts
I think I'd have the vet do bloodwork. If it was just some hair loss it would be one thing but she could be having some endocrine issues or something else metabolic going on, that's causing the vomiting and hair loss. Describe all her symptoms to the vet and have them do a blood panel on her.

· Registered
1,069 Posts
HausMommy said:
Well, we withheld food, and had her sleep in her kennel last night. I come downstairs to her kennel being full of diarrhea again. It had to have happened after 5 am last night and before 8:15 this morning. The reason I know after 5 am, is because we had to have the gas company come out last night. We had our whole house fan on, and the next thing I know, my stairwell smelled like gas! So at 2 am, I called the gas company and they said they'd have someone out within the hour. No big deal, even though I had to work at 8:45 am. Well, 3:30 rolls around, and still no one. I called back, and find out they had to get someone from Morris, IL and that he'd be there within another hour. He finally gets to my house at 4:30 am, and starts looking around. No gas leak, so we don't know what caused the odor. :(

Anyway, back to Justice. I remember reading somewhere that canned pumpkin is good for upset tummies. Is that right or am I imagining things? I just want her to be ok....

:(
Kaopectate would be good for her at this point. Canned pumpkin can work, don't get the kind with spices, make sure it is just pumpkin. But I'd be for giving her some Kaopectate or Pepto Bismol.

· Registered
1,069 Posts

· Registered
1,069 Posts
I'm glad you got it figured out!!
I might add that this is the problem with asking forums to help diagnose one's dog, we can only guess and you get like 20 different opinions, nothing replaces a vet visit! Not that you weren't going to take her anyway but I know others really depend on forums and neglect taking the dog to a vet!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.