Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
21 - 40 of 57 Posts

· Registered
11,496 Posts
I found this on a website. Explains the hair loss, she's losing nutrients
due to cronic diarrhea. So that is a secondary condition.

Chronic diarrhea is an important sign of intestinal disease in the dog. Persistent diarrhea can lead to weight loss from poor digestion and loss of important nutrients. Chronic diarrhea can lead to loss of body condition, development of a poor hair coat, and may also affect appetite and activity levels.

· Registered
6,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Thanks! I came home from work today(was at work for 6 hours) and she had pooed in her crate, again. It's solid this time though, with only a little bit of liquid. Her activity level is up(she was jumping and running and very alert). I'm going to give her a small bit of boiled rice and chicken tonight, and wait and see if that helps.

· Registered
1,107 Posts
Lola is showing some of these same signs....
She is shedding like MAD and has very loose stool. I am calling the rescue Monday morning to see how long she has
had loose stool. Im worried about her, especially since she
has all those pups.

· Registered
6,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Justice had really runny poo again this morning. It was all over her kennel, her, the wall, and the carpet. :( I guess it's more pepto for her.

· Registered
2,838 Posts
Oh my gosh, I know how frustrating times like this are.You clean the poo,cage, walls and rugs to come back a few hours later to find it had happened again and it does get old after awhile.Keep giving the pepto.You should be able to call the vet and ask for meds.Buster was put on something ( sorry brain fart and dont remember what it is called ) one pill a day and with in a few days his poo was back to normal.I got the meds with out having to take him in and spend lots of $$$$ so maybe you could try that.Also give cheese.Cheese will help get her back to pooing solid again.I really feel for you guys.You are probably pulling your hair out by now having to deal with this.Hopefully it ends soon.

TIP~ Move out the crate and throw down trash bags then put the crate on top of the trash bags this way if the poo over flows or splats it is not on your floors but the trash bags.You can even tape trash bags along the wall were the crate is to protect the wall and then just throw the bags out.Less scrubbing on your part.

Good luck and keep us updated on her.

· Super Moderator
14,606 Posts
Justice could have just an intestinal bug that would clear up with an antibiotic.
Another thing to consider and I am not wanting to cause panic but do want you
to make your vet aware of is that Justice is eating Diamond food. I know that it
was not the Lamb & Rice that was recalled but you never know. I looked up the
symptoms and this is what it said:

If your pet is showing any symptoms of illness, including sluggishness or lethargy combined with a reluctance to eat, yellowish tint to the eyes and/or gums, and severe or bloody diarrhea, please consult your veterinarian immediately.
Look Justice over and see if she is suffering from any of these other symptoms
Sure hope she just has a bug.

· Registered
6,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Pat, Justice's symptoms are diarrhea and hairloss. She hasn't thrown up lately. She's not acting lethargic, or sluggish, and has no problem eating. There's no yellowish tint to her eyes or gums, and her diarrhea isn't bloody. I'm going to call the emergency vet and see what they suggest.

· Registered
2,838 Posts
HausMommy said:

Pat, Justice's symptoms are diarrhea and hairloss. She hasn't thrown up lately. She's not acting lethargic, or sluggish, and has no problem eating. There's no yellowish tint to her eyes or gums, and her diarrhea isn't bloody. I'm going to call the emergency vet and see what they suggest.

Did you call the vet? What did they say?

· Registered
6,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Kelly said:
HausMommy said:

They told me to stop giving her the Pepto, and bring her in if she starts to act lethargic, or vomits. Otherwise, I'm supposed to talk to my vet about it on Thursday when they have their appt.

· Super Moderator
14,606 Posts
HausMommy said:
Kelly said:
HausMommy said:

They told me to stop giving her the Pepto, and bring her in if she starts to act lethargic, or vomits. Otherwise, I'm supposed to talk to my vet about it on Thursday when they have their appt.

Glad she does not have the diamond food symptoms. If they do not want you to
give her the Pepto what did they suggest you could do until your appointment.
At least give her some Pedyalite to keep system in order and maybe some canned
or fresh chicken broth for liquid to help keep her from getting dehydrated.
Give her hugs. Thursday sure does seem a long time away.
:(

· Registered
2,838 Posts
gazar said:
HausMommy said:
Kelly said:
HausMommy said:

I bet Thursday does seem like a long ways off.
I am curious as well what you are to give her if not pepto.
She cant go on till Thursday having the runs :roll:

· Registered
6,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Kelly said:
gazar said:
HausMommy said:
Kelly said:
HausMommy said:

I bet Thursday does seem like a long ways off.
I am curious as well what you are to give her if not pepto.
She cant go on till Thursday having the runs :roll:
Well she had diarrhea again this morning. Poor thing! I called and had her vet appt bumped up to today at 10 am. That's less than 2 hours. I'm not going to have a stool sample for her though :(

· Super Moderator
14,606 Posts
Hausmommy said:
Well she had diarrhea again this morning. Poor thing! I called and had her vet appt bumped up to today at 10 am. That's less than 2 hours. I'm not going to have a stool sample for her though :(

Well 10:00 your time is almost here. Hope all goes well. Let us know what the vet says.

· Registered
6,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Even though Justice was wormed before we got her, she has hookworms. The vet gave us a dewormer for her and Haus(he didn't have any). She also got an antibiotic to help get her intestinal bacteria under control. I'm supposed to take her back in in a month to have them check her again.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.