Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone that uses K9 Advantix..does the yellowish stains come out when they dry?? I just switched from frontline to k9 advantix, and Abby's white coat has yellow spots on the top now.

·
Registered
798 Posts
I never noticed any prolonged stains with odin. I try to part his hair as much as possible when I apply it though.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I just applied Frontline last week to all my pets and yesterday I had to tweez a tick off Inga's muzzle. WTF??!!

She had been sleeping in my bed while my husband is out of town this week. I still let her sleep with me last night, but I tossed and turned half the night with a case of the heebie jeebies. :evil:

Does anyone know if K9 Advantix works any better?

·
Registered
269 Posts
From their site:

Keeps working after swimming or bathing.
K9 AdvantixTM remains effective after swimming or bathing. After repeated swims, it kills 97.9-100% of ticks and 92.5-100% of fleas. After bathing, it kills 97.4-100% of ticks and fleas.4 You can use it with confidence for dogs who like water.

I just started using it and noticed no staining with Zeus. He did have yellow spots for a day though.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yeah our vet told us Frontline is h2o proof so we went that route. But looking at 1880petmeds it says K9 Advantix is :? (after swimming/bathing)

·
Banned
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm just using k9 advantix instead of frontline plus because it repels mosquitoes and the mosquitoes went crazy on Abby last summer.

Haitis - Did you use Frontline or Frontline Plus? Frontline Plus works great.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I just ordered K9 Advntix for Annabelle. We live in Georgia and since we have a little undeveloped land behind our townhouse so the mosquitos are nuts here.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone that uses K9 Advantix..does the yellowish stains come out when they dry?? I just switched from frontline to k9 advantix, and Abby's white coat has yellow spots on the top now.
I tried k9 Advantix for the first time and it stained my dog's fur also. I'm hoping it washes away. She's also an all white fur dog..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts