Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you !!! I love his smile :)-

Tomorrow new vet... a chest x-ray to see how his hart is doing ... and then we start preparing him for the heartworm treatment.... Who ever had this dog... should be injected with heartworm and see how he likes it.... One heartguard tablet is all it would of taken... Aww, well if I get started on my rant... we could be here all day.. How old is your dog...? how is her temperment? how long have you been involved with the AMBD...?

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
I know - isn't it infuriating. Heartworm is SO easy to prevent, and the treatment is SO brutal. He's a cutie. And now we have another Buster on board! :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is sooo great !!! You have a Buster too...

I rescued my Buster from Savannah GA he is a good ole" GA boy...My neihbor is from GA.. and absolutely loves him... He always asks me where my GA boy is.. hahhahahahahhah :D

Yea, one freaking tablet could of saved all the grief he has gone through and now is going to endure with the injections. He is a good boy... and I asolutely love him.. .So, I will do what ever it takes.

S

Thanks for introducing yourself to me. I appreciate it.

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Buster is such a cutie. I feel your anger.Something that takes all of what two seconds could of been done to prevent this but he is in good hands now from the sounds of it.Get your baby well.Let us know how the appointment goes.

Buster is 15 weeks.He is my first AB.I previously owened two pits which have since passed and after doing much research I knew this was the dog me me and my family.He is such a joy and I love him to pieces.His temperment is great.
He is full of love and spunk.I wouldnt trade him for the world, he has me wrapped around his paw.........lol.
Here are some pics of Buster and my Dal:

http://www.kristakirshner.com/smedley.htm

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Kellll - I nearly keeled over when I saw the pics!!

Toooo cute, I have a red nose pit bull named chyna... She lives in LA... she is spoiled rotten to the bone!!!!!!!! She is a great dog and it pisses me off when people talk bad about Pits... she is a 110 pounds and thinks she is a poodle...

I chose AMBD also, because I felt the breed would do well with my apt life.. He is a love, I am also very happy having him.. I think once the HW is treated.. I am going to see the real... happy puppy... he was very much happy this morning and had a skip and a jump and a big doggy smile... he was playing with his ball and hoping all over my 1br.. hahahahha.. I will do what ever it takes for this guy!!!

I am so glad your puppy ended up with you..

S

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bremner53

Thank you very much!! is Lucy your dog??? I was looking at the banner of Dozer.. he was handsome!!!

Thank you very much for introducing yourself to me.

Suzi

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
HEY, I just notcied you are from Pa too...........Yea, I am a little slow...........LOL
Were abouts are you if you dont mind me asking? I am about 30 minutes outside of Philly, Suburbs.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Kelly

I am in the suburbs... too.. email me your location to [email protected]. That is one of my many email address :)- I noticed that too this morning. The trainer I am using is out of Center City...

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
augrad said:
I know - isn't it infuriating. Heartworm is SO easy to prevent, and the treatment is SO brutal. He's a cutie. And now we have another Buster on board! :D
Never had this problem before. What exactly is the treatment for HW? Why is it so brutal?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
peeblerelf

Hi..ya, Thanks for posting... :lol:

Heart Worm is not contagious through other animals it is passed through Masquitos. and the larvee (worms) nest in the heart.

I rescued my guy from Savannah GA were there is a big problem with the Masquito population. Puppys should be put on HartGuard as soon as they can. If not their chances of contracting it are 98% in the GA area Savannah being higher.

The treatment consists of two injections to the back..... The injections are a form of posion which is why it is so brutual... They have to be in quiet mode 24/7 and you or the vet needs to monitor the animal for 48 hours (2 days) because if their heart starts pumping on over-load they could die of anerisim or heart attack... They cant go on walks and can only be brough outside to pee and poo... And because my guy gets hyper and I mean hyper when fed-ex/ups and dhl trucks arrive.. I might have to leave him at the vets office for 5 days.. (?) So, if I could recommend to everyone keep your dogs on heartguard all year round even if it is off season for mosquitos because for the suffering of the dog if it progresses to a serious level of heartworm(beleive me I saw a horrible picture of a dogs heart that was in extreme festiation stage and it was horrible).
and $$$$$ you will spend on the treatment... could of all been prevented by common sense, love and one chewable tablet...

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Re: Bremner53

Suzanna04 said:
Thank you very much!! is Lucy your dog??? I was looking at the banner of Dozer.. he was handsome!!!

Thank you very much for introducing yourself to me.

Suzi

Yeah Lucy is my girl! :D Dozer was/still is my boy, he was one of the best looking dogs I've ever seen, even though he kinda had crazy eyes :wink: . Of course I'm a little biased, because I love him so much.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: Bremner53

Lucy is so cutttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.... And Dozer... is one great looking guy!! It is ok that he had crazy eyes that was his charm and personality.... :)-

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Your boy is good looking. Reminds me of my boy Moose. Not in the coloring but just his look in your picture. I had to treat one of my dogs many years ago and it was no fun for her. She was sick. Preventative treatment is the best thing to do to save the dog and yourself the pain. I'm sure he will appreciate everything you are doing for him.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Debs

Hi..ya Debs,

Thanks for introducing yourself... Moose is sooooo adorable!!!! I noticed the look also.... Buster will fit well into this group!! :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts