Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What should I do about Sam barking at the kids when go near her crate - I'm still trying to get Mike to allow it to be in our bedroom - in the meantime it's in the livingroom in a corner w/ a blanket over it. It works the majority of the time, however there are times when hte kids get close and she barks at them. I don't know what it means - I can't tell if it's an aggression thing or a hey pet me thing (I still have to go get that book - why does time seem to be so hard to come by?). Do I just ignore it and reinforce w/ the kids to stay away while she's in her crate (which I already do) or does she need to be told to stop it? I'm especially irriated right now as she barked and woke up the 'screamer' (my girlfriend's 1 yo baby who had JUST fallen asleep) and now she's back to her screaming. rrrrrrrr - this kids scream is especially obnoxious so now Sam is covered up and all the other children are on the wall... I'd like to give them ALL away today.

I also wondered if anyone else's dog acts like a heathen idiot when they are outside and someone walks up to the house. Sam was out on her lead for her morning pee and Taylor's ride for school showed up and the litttle girl (probably about 9/10?) began walking towards the house and she was going NUTS when Teri (the girl) approached the house but again I couldn't tell if it's excited barking or "I'm gonna eat you" barking. People can come in and out of the house and she doesn't do this outside of the initial 'who's there' bark. Then she turns into wiggle butts. She did let Teri walk up and put her hand out to be sniffed but when she walked away she went nuts again. Thoughts?

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
is she grawling when she barks? With CC it's easy to tell the difference is when she bark to say hi and the back off is she grawls. where her hunches up, the hair on the back of her neck?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts