Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
6,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday I had medial meniscus surgery on my left knee. First time having surgery and anesthesia in my life...

Needless to say I was nervous and scared.

Surgery was about an hour I think, but not sure. They started at 930 and I was in recovery at 1030.

Now it's home and then PT for 8 weeks then back to work sometime in april. I get 13 weeks of work short term disability. .

I'm in pain, so I'm icing my knee and keeping it elevated per dr orders, plus taking 2 aspirin a day and anti inflammatory meds. The percocets they gave me suck ,makes me feel all drunk and woozy, tales the pain away but I don't like how they make me feel so I'm not taking them. I'm just dealing with the pain .

I'm baby gated in one of our bedrooms so the dogs can't hit my knee.. moe has been staying by the baby gate since I got home yesterday afternoon.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

· Super Moderator
14,605 Posts
Awwww, you poor thing. I have similar issues with my knee but have not had the surgery.
What made you decide to have it? When did you injure your knee. I injured
mine back in Dec of 2006. The tear healed but the weakness is still there.

Poor baby dogs, know they want o cuddle with you.

· Registered
6,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tore it in november a little, saw the dr he said I needed surgery,but I had to go for extra testing on my mammogram so I had to hold off on the knee. Then I tore it again in January, so new mri showed larger tear. I had no choice as I could barely walk. My tear wasn't going to heal unfortunately.
I'm just starting to walk on it today with a cane.

· Registered
6,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm hobbling with a cane. I am doing leg exercises to to keep my leg from getting weaker. I've basically been sleeping alot due to the stress of being scared and the pain, hobbling a bit and sitting up . The dr said the I should start to feel a bit better next week

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.