Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm searching for my perfect american bulldog and it's TOUGH because i'm all the way in prairie canada, with no GOOD breeders anywhere near me.. I was just wondering if anyone has any reccomendations for good breeders (in canada, or usa).. it sucks because i would LOVE to check them out first hand, meet the parents, meet the puppies, meet the breeders to find out what they're all about.. I like bulldogs somewhere in the middle of the spectrum, not extreme bully and not extreme pitty.. I just want a pet quality dog, I have one 2 yr old female bullmastiff x currently. I have looked at almost every website i can find and i have a few in mind but i'm looking for some first hand experience from someone! :) your reward will be.... TONS of puppy pictures when i finally get one! :)

here, to get started i'll show you a older one of my baby Asia

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Welcome Danica. Nice to hear from you again. If I were you I would look at getting one shipped from the states, I looked for good breeders in western Canada, Its tough. Did you check out the website that I emailed to you??

Meagan

Oh yeah, your dog is adorable!!!!

·
Registered
704 Posts
What Are you looking for in a bulldog? Do you want a bully type, hybrid type, standard type? I know many reputable breeders throught the world and would be more than happy to help you in your search. Just click on the www under this thread to go to my website, and my contact info is listed..feel free to give me a call. I do know of some very reputable breeders with pups available now. (all health testing done, worked,shown parents,etc.)

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
Don't limit your search to your local area. All the best breeders ship puppies. Sure its nice to see the puppies in person, but a good breeder will stand behind their dogs. Would much rather have a puppy shipped from someone I respect and have confidence in, than buy one in person from some backyard breeder who wouldn't know a good dog if they saw one one and aren't willing to stand behind what they produce. Last time I checked there wasn't any reputable breeders in your area of the world. Make sure you find one that does NCL testing and hip xraying as a bare minimum. If they work their dogs or have a reputation for producing working dogs then all the better.

·
Registered
5,272 Posts
i would have to agree with lisa about there not being anyone in your area. now a days the minimum health testing required would be hips and ncl and very few people in canada have bothered, or so it would seem. there are though , many good breeders out there that are doing more than the bare minimum and those would be the people that i would look at. i know how nice it is to meet the parents and breeders , sometimes that isn't possible. personally i would spend the extra $$ to fly to a potential breeders but that's just me. dogs are shipped world wide now so definitely don't limit your search to your own backyard.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts