Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After spending 45 inutes reading thru the last thread. :lol:

When I mow the lawn, Harley "attacks :lol: " my mower. She grabs a front wheel in her mouth (while it's running/I'm mowing) and drags me across the yard :lol: does this say anything about her temperment?

No, I'm not being a smart a$$. It doesn't bother me that she does it (takes a little longer to mow is all)

She doesn't growl, show her teeth or anything. She seems to be playing. She has never shown fear ***that I know of*** I'm not a trainer, not an evaluator, not an expert. But she seems stable to me.

Peter, if you ever come thru Massachusetts, will you come chek out my pup? Brutally honest guy that you are, I'd love to have your honest opinion (and we all know that's exactly what I'd get :lol: )

·
Registered
823 Posts
I dont want to come off as rude...thats not my pont....but I dont think its very safe for your dog to be pulling and biting the lawn mower while its on...but I am sure if it were that serious of a thing you wouldnt do it LOL

Thats how my dogs react to the vaccuum and dustbuster....I cant even have them in the room when I use them. They go nuts. They mouth it and make all these wierd noises. They dont really bit it they do the open mouth and shove it on them but they dont bite down. Mine are actually more spaztic over the dustbuster....Scarlet goes nuts even when its not on!

·
Registered
641 Posts
The first time I mowed Ami was very excited to chase the lawn mower. I took her by collar and put her in the house. After some time I let her back out and continued to mow. She made for the mower. I reached for her, she laughed and took off. She is a smart dog, shegot the message.

Paula

·
Registered
81 Posts
Its normal behavior for a pup, lawnmowers, hoovers, anything noisey and moving. If youre wiggling it about and it makes a noise, for sure to your pup its the new game. "ohhh look mummy laughs when I do this, great i should do it all the time"

Theres no behavioral problem with it although you should train her out of it which is actually very simple, train her well withthe OFF command and you will solve the problem quickly.

The problem most owners have is the find it hilarious when a dog does this to hoovers and things and of course Pitbulls just love to please mommy and daddy soo.....

With the hoover its not so bad but the lawnmowers a bit dangerous so id train her off pretty rapidly. Its not indication of temp.

The best indicators of a pups nature is stubborness and defiance. When you tell him down, he jumps up onto things and faces you off, when you tell him no, they square off to you defiantly. Thats the kind of behavior you should watch for and if you see it curb it from the start. Never let a pup, however amusing behave arrogantly and dominantly towards you. Keep to that rule and be consistant in your cooling off and pushing away and in general with a healthy pup they should come through just fine. Another sign is defiance barking, very common in Bully bitches who dont mind getting shirty when you dont do what they want. Doesnt normally mean a bad dog though, especially in a female, but again something to keep an eye.

Most adult dog behaviors develop from not stopping bad puppy behaviors. Dont let your puppy behave spoiled or rudely to you, ever. Stick to that general rule and in most cases youll have a healthy respectful adult.

I only post to be helpful, if you already know or the informations not useful, take it as well intentioned in the hope its of some use to someone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.