Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Zeus (A.B.) has gotten very lethargic lately. I don't know if it is because he is getting older (now 9-months), cold weather, boredom, or he needs to see a vet.

He only wants to lay around all the time now. We crate him eight hours, while at work, and while Sibyl (Boxer) freaks out to get out and play when I get home, Zeus would stay in it another eight hours if I gave him another PB Kong.

He still eats anything you feed him (food, rocks, nails, small children, the cats) without issue. He also still exercises normally. By exercise normally I mean he acts like a 2-yr old during the morning bike ride the first quarter mile, but then gets all excited and sprints like a madman when I give him the command to run.

Is this just a bout of laziness or should I take him to the vet. Other than forced exercise and meals, he just wants to lie down.

·
Registered
14,577 Posts
Does he follow you around the house or anything? I know I can't move two steps out of Atticus' eyesight without him following me.

You "may" be crating him for too long. Do you give him breaks or anything during the day? Our trainer advised that we not crate Atticus for the 8 hours that we're at work. I don't remember the reasoning, though.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sibyl follows us around the house anywhere we go. Zeus has never really done that since we have had him. He is fine with going outside and relaxing in the sun or being in a room by himself.

I am not thrilled with crating them that long, but I really don't have a choice. We used to be able to come home and let them out half-way through. What is worse now is the daylight savings time. Now that it is dark when we get home, I think they think they are crated longer now.

I have tried leaving them in their room with a divider, but Sibyl has knocked over anything I built to separate them.

·
Registered
14,577 Posts
Oooof, I know how rough that can be. Thank goodness Atticus doesn't knock the baby gate over. He hangs out in our huge kitchen all day with his toys and what not.

Well, I would think for your piece of mind, call the vet and tell them what's going on. They'll either tell you to bring him in or not.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts