Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to be having a small problem with Zeus eating leaves. Any time we are outside, he is OBSESSED with eating the leaves (small ones) and/or biting at the ground and/or pulling up any weed roots. We can be walking, playing, anything and he will drop what he is doing. I don't chase him or anything to encourage it, but I don't want him to eat all that stuff either. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
That's a tough one. I had the same problem with Tala for a while. She was obsessed with the huge Eucalyptus seeds that fall off the tree, and she'd chew on them and get them stuck on her teeth, or she'd try to swallow them. Drove me crazy. I would correct her whenever I saw her try to eat something weird, but for the most part she just grew out of it. I'm sure Zeus will grow out of it too if it's not encouraged, but in the meantime just do your best to ensure he doesn't eat dangerous things, and correct him when he tries to eat non food items.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Koda does the same thing! He will go outside & head straight to the flower bed...find the biggest root/weed he can find & go to town on it!!! He will literally eat the entire root/weed too!!! :shock: He also has an issue with eating the bark off our trees...

·
Registered
807 Posts
Torco will eat grass, leafs and sticks, then he will drink a bunch of water and throw it all up. I just love it when he does it! :roll:

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
My puppies love to lay in a circle and pull the grass out by the roots. I have a huge bald spot in my yard from this, and they are moving their circle.................I cant stop it either!

They dont eat leaves but are always playing in them and laying in them.

Chocy is my stick eater, every time I turn around Im taking a stick from him!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts