Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we set this up for our girl( it is just bungee and a rope) not too long ago and I thought I would see if the pup had any interest in pulling. He loved it!! He was a wild man!!













After





Thanks for looking at my boy!!

Sahrene
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,413 Posts
He looks like he's having an absolute blast! :D Don't you love the calm after the storm, when they're all tuckered out?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
augrad said:
He looks like he's having an absolute blast! :D Don't you love the calm after the storm, when they're all tuckered out?
Yah but the calm does not last long with this fella... He is like an energizer bunny..keeps going and going and going....LOL...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,064 Posts
He's such a handsome boy. Looks like he's liking it :D

BTW, I came across this image of a different setup for a springpole, for people who don't have trees to attach the rope to, this is awesome!





I'll definately be setting something like this up at my next place, but likely higher with an adjustable arm.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,064 Posts
SagaandRagnar said:
Yah but the calm does not last long with this fella... He is like an energizer bunny..keeps going and going and going....LOL...

That's what the RB's were bred for and why I love them so much! Great dogs :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,423 Posts
What a great li'l guy! He looks awesome. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
redbull said:
SagaandRagnar said:
Yah but the calm does not last long with this fella... He is like an energizer bunny..keeps going and going and going....LOL...

That's what the RB's were bred for and why I love them so much! Great dogs :)
Isnt that the truth!!! He is great and I wouldnt want him anyone other way... I love your idea for the fixed spring pole. Great pic!!

Sahrene
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,626 Posts
He's looking awsome! Adam told me to wait a bit yet before introducing Annie to the spring pole - but I can tell you already that she's going to love it! Anytime anything gets near her mouth - she's pulling.

:lol: Energizer bunny! :lol: So true! I can't seem to wear this little girl out - at least not for long!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,187 Posts
Looks like it could hurt a dog if it ran into it, or jumped ON it... you guys know how INSANE they get on the spring poles, I'd put it up a bit higher... You may also be able to have it in 2 pieces... the one upright pole, then something that slipped down the pole a foot or so like a cap or something, so the tugs were free spinning, and the dog could take it around.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,626 Posts
CowBella said:
Looks like it could hurt a dog if it ran into it, or jumped ON it... you guys know how INSANE they get on the spring poles, I'd put it up a bit higher... You may also be able to have it in 2 pieces... the one upright pole, then something that slipped down the pole a foot or so like a cap or something, so the tugs were free spinning, and the dog could take it around.
That's what I was thinking... Gonna have to see if I can figure something out so it goes around...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,187 Posts
If you know someone that welds, you can buy all the parts, I think, and not have to get TOO creative. My neighbors put up welded pipe fences around their property for their horses, and the ends have rounded caps on them that were welded onto the straight pipes. So my thinking... lets say... a 3.5 inch diameter pipe for the upright, and a 5 inch pipe, about a foot long that slips over the top, with a rounded cap welded on on end. All you would have to do, is get some axel grease to prevent squeals from metal grinding on metal... OR.. for someone REALLY handy... figure out a bearing system for it. LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,744 Posts
I love that little guy....beautiful, handsome, awsome looking dog!!!

I do like that "new" springpole idea, so that they tug back instead of
tugging down. Works out a diff. part of body.

Orson at almost year & half is still going strong as an "energizer bunny",
there is no end in sight. If he is awake (most of the time), he is wanting
to play!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
655 Posts
Awwww....he is such a little munchkin! I love him! Why can't they stay adorable puppies for longer...?
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top