Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The rescue decided to go on and let me take Sassy home with me! I am so happy right now and she has been nothing but a joy so far, she knows a few hand signals and she walks great on a leash. The refrence checks and home check came out great, they found no problems and didn't see why I couldn't go on and take her home with me.

She is still being treated for mange and her fur is already starting to come back. But the downside, she is showing problems with her back legs we are getting x-rays done Thursday morning and we are praying she doesn't have wobblers syndrome.

She still needs to be spayed, but we will get that done as soon as she's done with her HW treatment and she has gained about 10lbs. She currently weighs in around 110lbs and the vet suggested she gain atleast 10-15lbs since her ribs are showing.

We have a long road ahead of us, but I think everyone is game. I am worried about her hips though, but we will do what we have to do to make sure she can live a long and pain free life.

She is getting along great with my other dogs, and they have really taken to her aswell. Shadow has been acting as her ears for her, and she follows him around like she was glued to him.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
You and your danes! Love them!!!! She is pretty and I agree with the vet that she needs more weight. You are a very special guy to have around. these dogs are lucky to have you. I will keep my fingers crossed that everything come out OK for her. Now is she deaf and blind or just deaf?

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you debs :) I love a Great Dane, I've been in love with this breed ever since I was a kid. It's just something about them. I figured since I was always taking in homeless dogs as a child I could do something like this when I got older, and sure enough that's what I'm doing now.

She is completely deaf, and she is vision impaired. She can still see but she doesn't do well during the night and seeing long distances, we played alittle fetch this morning out in the yard and the ball rolled to far and she couldn't find it.

·
Super Moderator
15,976 Posts
She does not need ears or eyes to know when someone truly loves her the way
that you do. She is a beautiful dog and you are a beautiful person for being so caring.

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
gazar said:
She does not need ears or eyes to know when someone truly loves her the way
that you do. She is a beautiful dog and you are a beautiful person for being so caring.
Yes, what Pat said. You are truly amazing, James. Sassy is a very lucky girl to have found you. :D

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You guys really know how to make a fella feel good :)

I got my first kiss from her a few minutes ago, that made my day! She reminds me of my girl Diva (rip) so much, she loves kids with a passion and she has even carries herself like Diva, it's sad for me but in a way it's like Diva has come back to me. Wow, that sounded kinda weird. I think everyone knows what I mean though.

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
You truly amaze me, You are someone with such a big heart and a giver :D
She has come into a great home and is so lucky to have you.
She is beautiful. The more I see Danes the more I want one myself :D
I will keep my fingers crossed that all goes well with her X-rays and hope she gets her health back 100%

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you Kelly! :)

*waves arms around* You will get a Great Dane....lol, I don't know what the heck I'm doing. I've been watching to much Napolean Dynamite :lol:

Well when that time is right and you ever decide to get one, we have volunteers in the PA area ;)

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
She is a beautiful girl! I have a friend with a deaf white pitt and he listens to hand signals better than most other dogs you'd meet listen to your voice.

Just wait till she's been with you a few months, she'll look like a new girl!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts