Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are alot of variables to this question, but I'm going to ask anyway. What would the average life expectency be of an EB? Here's why I ask. Our vet may possibly have a 10yr. old EB in need of a new home. His human is very elderly, & most likely will be moving to an assisted living establishment. The health of this old pup is average to good for his age. He weighs 54 lbs. My son has always wanted an EB, as his stepfather had 3 of them when my son was younger & living with him. He is aware of the medical problems they can possibly have, & is willing to take the old pup & give him a good home for the rest of his remaining years. He's not worried about the possible life span, just curious, so I told him I would try & find out. I have a 2.5 yr. old AB named Brody, & have come to this forum many times in the past for advice,( and I needed alot of it LOL), & you great people never let me down. If you can give us any insight on this we would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a bunch. I'll relay the message to my son. He'll still take the poor thing,because they'll probably put him down if they can't find him a home. :(

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Frank said:
Thanks a bunch. I'll relay the message to my son. He'll still take the poor thing,because they'll probably put him down if they can't find him a home. :(
Thats your AB right? Because thats not an EB, lol.

I'm sure someone would take him. Especially if he hasnt had any major health problems. There are EBs that live longer than 10 years. Maybe this could be one of them. Maybe your son could give him a try.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya, that's my AB Brody. That pic. was taken when he was about a yr. old.
Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts