Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

Lola got attacked

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Vertes3 
#1 ·
By my neighbors 8 week old lab mix. It was the strangest thing, she was smelling him and he growled then went after her. She gave him a funny look and walked away. So my question is, is that really bad. I have never seen a puppy do something like that.

#2 ·
Well some pups/dogs do not want to be smelled or touched by another dog
and this is how they will react. We just had another thread a couple of weeks
ago on this same subject but the dogs were older. The concensus was not to allow
your dog to go up to another dog to sniff for these reasons and for medical reasons.
Plus some owners just do not want another dog coming up to theirs.

#3 ·
At 8 weeks old, I don't think it's serious. Puppies are often overprotective of themselves due to their size. My little 4lb. foster puppy has tried to bite our 100lb. GSD :shock:

#5 ·
My neighbours dog is very dog friendly (lab/hound dog), and we are trying to socialize our pupp, so we let them meet, and my 13 week old puppy crawled under her and tried to get some milk off her!!!! She's spayed and never had puppies, but right after he did that to her she thought he was her pupp. She started grooming him, and then tried to lay on her side so he could get more "milk".....it was weird!!!!

I think that pupps just don't know how to react in a lot of situations.....so when your dog sniffed him the pupp just didn't know if it was a threat or what.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.