Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I left her at home with the kids and Chris today And I came home to CC all lumpy. I have no idia what she ate this time, I gave her benadrill and they don't even bother her!

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
:shock: Holy cow!!!! I've never seen anything like that on a dog before. Kaia's got some pretty good bumps on her legs, but nothing like that! Poor CC! I'm glad they don't bother her.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Awwww, poor CC :(. Maddi woke us up at about 2am once with hives exactly like this. The ER vet gave her some steroid shot (which my normal vet was pissed about - he hates steroid treatments for some reason) and prescribed children's benadryl. The benadryl worked fine.

Maddi was allergic to peanut butter, as it turns out. We gave her some in her Kong ball not knowing about her allergy.

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cookies Mom said:
I left her at home with the kids and Chris today And I came home to CC all lumpy. I have no idia what she ate this time, I gave her benadrill and they don't even bother her!

Her nose got one last night she kinda looked like a bull terrier, I was thinkin I would have to take her to the em. vet(Hate to do that too much money) but this morning she is much better! still bumpy but not nearly as bad!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
That's good that they're getting better. Our dog Spooky would get hives like that all over and they would last about a month. She would get them if she was ever near another dog and they had fleas. Of course the owners always said their dogs didn't have them. We ended up pretty much not ever letting other dogs come around, we couldn't take the chance. She would also get them from grass and certain weeds.

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
we had to go to a birthday party togday, gave her some more benadryl(SP) and the almost all gone just some pink spots on her legs I am so glad I waited to go to the vets. saved at least $100!

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Chico gets those every once in a while but his are really itchy and drive him crazy! I give him the benadryl and if it doesn't go away in a couple of days, I take him in. I hate taking him to the vet also. I always give the benadryl a shot first. Good thing she is doing better!

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
she's all better from the hives anyway, now she has a lump on her head a scrape on her leg and a red line on her ear, she got her head stuch in an old wooden chair(a heavey one). I look over the chair went fling, she's yelping(after it landed) she limped for a min or two, but shook it off. I swear if it's not one thing it's another

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Poor CC. Glad she doing better. That would have sucked to take her to the vet just to have them tell you to give her some Benadryl. Glad it worked for her! :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts