Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
of an english staffordshire bull terrier mixed with english bulldog and/or american bulldog
thank you ..

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
two reasons first I wondered if there are many mixed breeds in the UK since both have the english name in there breed was wondering if they get mixed more often there than here
second want to see if they resemble the "olde bulldoges" that we have here..
btw orson is a good looking dog to me

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hi,

There is no breed called an English Staffordshire Bull Terrier :wink: There is only a Staffordshire Bull Terrier, i know there is the American Staffordshire Terrier, but it doesn't carry the name Bull :D

Crossbred Staffords are a huge problem here, and the rescues are absoloutly full of them. :evil:

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
in the states they are reffed to as english staffordshire bull terriers to distinguish then fron American staffordshire terriers. why would rescues have more crossbreeds involing staffy than anyother breed.. most of the rescue crossbreed pit bull we find here in the states are not mixes with other bulldog breeds..

flyod fyi
http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/staffordshirebullterrier.htm

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hi,

I understand that in different countries to their origin they are generally called "English" but the fact is there is only ONE Staffordshire Bull Terrier and that is what it is called, regardless of where it was bred. A Staffordshire Bull Terrier that is bred in Germany doesn't all of a sudden become a German Stafford :wink: As i said the Am Staff doesn't carry the name "Bull" so there really is no need for the term "English" "Irish"..etc..It is nothing more than a Staffordshire Bull Terrier regardless of where it was bred. You have the American Staffordshire Terrier, we have the Staffordshire "Bull" Terrier :D

They are very much the dog thats in fashion here in the UK, and unfortunatly too many idiots get their hands on them. Which generally leads to them being bred with their "friends" dogs just because they can, which in turn leads to lots of unwanted pups in rescues. Staffordshire Bull Terriers dont just get crossed with other bull breeds, they are crossed with literally ANY breed these idiots see fit !!

We get groups of teenage kids thinking that it is clever to own these dogs and stand outside shops..etc..and try to intimidate people. There have also been numerous cases of teenage kids (And adults) Setting their dogs onto other dogs in local parks just for fun :evil:

It's hard to try and explain just how big the problem is becoming unless you are here in the UK and have first hand experience of it :cry:

·
Registered
162 Posts
That's so sad

That's so sad to hear. That kind of behaviour is EXACTLY what brings Governments like ours here in Ontario to ban Bully breeds.

·
Registered
12,744 Posts
btw orson is a good looking dog to me
Thank you! :wink: Sorry it's not what youre looking for.

Basically youre curious on the outcome of a staffy (not Am staff)
and the english bulldog?
I would think it would just look like a smaller or shorter version of
an OEB, more or less. :?
Cause arent staffys smaller than their american cousin the AmStaff?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I also think it will look sort of like your god but weather it will be just smaler proprotioally or not is the question. also I heard that even between a litter dogs can vary greatly

1 - 13 of 13 Posts