Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, here's the deal. I own a 6 month old American Bulldog. Next door, is a 4 year old pit. Almost on a daily basis we have been allowing them to play together.

My AB, Rowdy eventually tires the Pit out. An he will start growling... no biggie.. he's just letting Rowdy know he's had enough and when that happens we serperate them.

Now, add into the mix.. Neighbors brother moves in. He has a pit. I guess the story is he used to live in Chicago and some kids asked him if he wanted the dog because the previous owners weren't exactly treating him too well.

The two pits haven't got into any fights yet. For a few days they just tried to hump each other. (Both Males) The new Pit is a year old.

All three of use had all three dogs in the same yard watching them closely.

My AB, Rowdy.. always steals the 4 year old Pit toys when in their yard. There was a stuffed animal in their yard and my dog gradded it and the new pit grabbed it too. I guess he didn't take too kindly to the toy being taken.

They yanked and pulled.. both growling. Someone took the toy away and we were going to try to have them each tug on one end of a rope. The newer pit sort of got pissed the toy was taken away and started to get aggressive.

So that was the end of that experiment.

All three dogs are Males. Two Male pit in one yard. (I trust the older one, he's reallly sweet) not sure about the other pit. Sounds as if he might of suffer from some trauma/issues growing up.

As he grows and gets bigger... you think this dog will try to assert himself on the other pit? I'm not so sure I want the second pit anywhere near my dog in the same yard.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Same sex bulldogs in one yard..I wouldn't advise it, especially with "communal" toys. That is an accident waiting to happen. If you want to have a supervised play date with the older one, you could try it for a certain amount of time, but once your boy matures, be extremely careful..AB's can be just as dog aggressive as any APBT. I would never advise all three together..period.

·
Banned
908 Posts
more than likely the hump is a way of showing dominants over an other dog its ok if the other is submissive but if not there will eventualy be a fight. just keep a real close eye on them 4 now.keep the toys away.ihave 3 ambull dogs and tug games betwin each other r out of the question. unless there with me or my wife.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts