Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Try a shelter, or pet finder. I don't think a 'breeder' would be doing this.

I think that someone here posted a photo of a bulldog X pit mix... and it just looked like a pit bull.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
The "history" of this "breed" is rediculous. How can there be a "history" when they are mixing breeds?

The RB is working on a "history" they are no longer adding breeds to create the breed.

You are looking for a mutt, pure and simple. Look for an RB, or an OEB, or just adopt. I am sure you can find a mutt that needs a home.. that looks like those mutts they are breeding.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
why? Yes, I sm fairly sure I have a mutt. But at least I don't claim he is an "All American Giant Pit Bulldog"

·
Registered
881 Posts
That mix (EBXAPT) can be use as a foundation stock for some pure breeds, But they are not a breed. All the puppies will look very different, some will look like a APT, other like a EB and other all mix. The breeders would use the best pick from this mix in their breeding program. The other puppies from this litter should be sell as mutts or generational dogs.
I advice you to check a little be more on bullies breeds, before you buy a dog. So you get want you want.
And welcome to the forum 8) everybody learns a lot in here ;)

I have and OEB, and she is supposed to be 50% EB and the other half APT, Bullmastiff and AB in equal measure.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Have you done a search on this site ? I posted a link for a breeder in Arkansas that had pups for sale, probably more than 6 months ago. His dogs were very heavy and bulky, a little on the short legged side for the body size. They looked like oversized EB, some were well over 100 lbs.

·
Registered
223 Posts
liatard72 said:
what's the matter with mutts anyway?
There isnt anything wrong with mutts. I think the issue is people "breeding" mutts and marketing them with clever names to make a larger profit with no real care for the breed or breeds they are using.

You might want to try www.petfinder.com they almost always seem to have EB/Pit mixes on there from rescue groups.

·
Registered
881 Posts
There is nothing wrong with mutts. There are a lot of people here that rescue them and love them.
But, I don't really like "breeders" making new mutts, there are a lot in the shelters.
Everybody thinks different, so there is nothing wrong with your pick.
Have you look in to OEBs? They look like bigger EBs(they could be from 50s to 100s, it depends of the breeder), and they are supposed to be more healthy than EBs. If that's what you are looking for?
I know some breeder by your area, do you want me to PM them to you?

·
Registered
478 Posts
If you want a really big dog get a Mastiff. Certian breeds are huge

I've owned several mutts in my life, and I mean mutts. Pure Heinz 57's.
Cookie is my first bully breed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts