Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I got home today after work, she had vomitted in her crate (and Koen had pooped in his, just IMAGINE what my house must smell like) It was just basically some food and water. Then after work she vomitted 3 more times, this time some food, and deer poop, obviously a deer must have been in the yard. THEN tonight she vomitted AGAIN, HUGE amounts of water, grass, food and deer poop, SO much I didn't even think her stomach could hold all of it. NASTY! You know how most dogs give you warning when they are about to vomit? they kinda heave first, NOT Lucy no warning what so ever, she was just sitting there, then all of a sudden projectile vomit!

Poor girl is cuddled up on the couch with her dad, she is not feeling well. Hopefully by morning she will be better :( If not, then off to the vet we go.

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
I hope she is ok. Try fasting her for 24 hours and let her system clean itself out. That should do the trick. Obviously the deer poop didnt agree with her!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Whenever Sasha is sick, I fast her for 24 hours, and it always works!! If not maybe bring her to the vet... but try the pepto too...and let me know, it's the first time I hear about giving that to animals!!! :idea: Good to know!

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
She seems to be okay, still a little pouty, but no vomiting. I am fasting her, she hasn't ate since yesterday morning, other then the deer poop, if she seems okay, I may feed her tonight, we'll see. Thanks for the tip about the pepto, never even thought of it.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
I always give pumpkin for vomiting and diarrea. Just canned pumpkin, no additives, no sugar. Just the plain stuff. I always buy a case or 2 of it during the holidays (when its on sale) to keep throughout the year. It's good for settling the stomach, and good for absorbing excess stomach acids and the yellow bile puke. For my Giant, it firms up her loose stools in a few hours. She will even eat it when she goes off her food, so I guess she thinks its a treat, or knows its good for her tummy, kind of like when dogs eat grass.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.