Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
UUGGGHHH!!!!! Poor Girl, in February she got diagnosed with a Urinary Tract Infection, she was on a week of antibiotics. Then in March it came back, this time a Bladder Infection, she just finished her two weeks of Clavamox ( antibiotics) and she is on something else for her stomach(cause the anitbiotics can be harsh), and a herbal for her Immune system. I took in a urine sample to make sure its all gone. NOPE still not!!!! Her white count is still really high, I feel so bad for her. It can't be good for her to be on anitbiotics for this long.

The vet came me another 2 weeks worth of Clavamox.

·
Registered
10,116 Posts
Feed her some yogurt daily, they sell it at most pet stores! It will re-colonize the healthy bacteria in her intestines.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LuvaBULL said:
Feed her some yogurt daily, they sell it at most pet stores! It will re-colonize the healthy bacteria in her intestines.
Thanks Luvabull, that is what the vet said too. I feed her yogurt a couple times a week, I'll have to up it.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
At first she would pee alot and seemed kinda quiet and sick. But after 2 days of the antibiotics she was feeling great and still is. Hopefully the yogurt will make a difference.

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
when you said peed alot, you reminded me of my cat.

she once had this problem (i diagnosed it instead of the vet, too much money) anyway, i changed her food and she's been fine ever since...

maybe change Lucy's food, or have you already?

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did change it, not cause of this problem, just because I was having troubles getting the food consistently. I changed it about 3 weeks ago. So it can't be that, I hope this isn't an on going thing.

·
Banned
1,365 Posts
LuvaBULL said:
Ditto..works good for humans tooooo :wink: ...

·
Registered
5,272 Posts
gee that bites. izzy came home with a uti as well but after three weeks of meds it was completely gone. guess i will need to keep an eye out to make sure it doesn't come back :cyclopsani:

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did you get Izzy's urine check again? Cause I thought Lucy was totally clear, so I never bothered, then a month later is when it all came back.

Is this common is Ab's?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Poor girl, I know I'm miserable with one :( . I would also try the yogurt. Also, is there a different type of antibiotic they can try? I know with humans some people are immune to certain antibiotics or they just don't work. I hope she gets better soon!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
bladder infections/UTI sometimes are cause by alkaline urine. Did you get her ph level? I'm sure if they didn't tell you your vets must have the last one on file. Call them and ask.

·
Super Moderator
15,970 Posts
When my dog Sasha got a urinary infection, the vet had me feed her a diet of plain cooked chicken and plain white rice until the bacteria cleared from her system. I also fed her a cup of plain yogurt every day (100 lb dog). She also took her meds with a spoonful of the yogurt. It a couple of weeks but she did clear up. She developed this infection from the medications she was taking after some surgery she had. The meds had cleared out all the good bacteria which fight off the bad bacteria.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Bremner53 said:
UUGGGHHH!!!!! Poor Girl, in February she got diagnosed with a Urinary Tract Infection, she was on a week of antibiotics. Then in March it came back, this time a Bladder Infection, she just finished her two weeks of Clavamox ( antibiotics) and she is on something else for her stomach(cause the anitbiotics can be harsh), and a herbal for her Immune system. I took in a urine sample to make sure its all gone. NOPE still not!!!! Her white count is still really high, I feel so bad for her. It can't be good for her to be on anitbiotics for this long.

The vet came me another 2 weeks worth of Clavamox.
Did you take the Urine Sample to the vet to have him test it or did you have a thing to test it yourself. I wonder cause Clutch has a UTI that went to his blatter too. He was on 3 weeks of cephlaxin (sp?) and has been off for about a week. I woulod like to know for myself what his white count is but I the vet said to bring him so he could collect a urine sample and that is vet visit $$ and everything all over again. He went for a check up after he was off meds but I want to know myself you know???

1 - 16 of 16 Posts