Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My female Great Dane Margo has two lumps on her right ear. We called the vet, but they are getting busy with appointments and havent had the time to see her. So I have to wait until Friday to get her in so they can check her out...

They are about the size of dime, and they dont appear to be hurting her. I looked at em today and checked em out and she didnt whine or anything. Could it be from hitting the side of her head? She was playing with a toy and she swung her head and hit the side of the door (poor girl..) so could it just be from that?

I'm so scared that it's going to be something worse, she's already got athrities and having to take medication for that, and so she can digest her food properly.

Anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On the outside, I'm trying to stay positive because they arent hurting her at the moment and she's still acting like herself. But it still has me alittle worried, and I cant see the vet until Friday...god, we need more vets to come in and help out. They told me to keep a eye out on em, and if they got worse call the emergency line.

My cousins Rottweiler had something similar, where veins popped and blood filled em. Something along those lines, but they had to go in and cut em.

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Yea, see I dont know about he outside though.My dalmation molly had an ear hematoma( SP) which was caused by ear infections, shaking of the head and putting her paw inside her ear :? but it broke veins or something and filled with blood and they had to go in and open her ear up and drain it all out and she had sutures for about three weeks and all is good now.I cant say though thats what it is.I hope it all works out for her.Let us know what happens please.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Do you have photo's of these lumps? Are they solid or soft and sqishy? If they are soft and squishy they might be hematomas which are caused when the ears are flapped against the head when they shake their heads. If so they need to be seen A.S.A.P. reason being is that the blood will turn to a solid. Which is harder to fix than a simple hematoma. If possable attach a photo or two. Keep us updated.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They aren't really hard, but not exactly soft...did that make sense? I didn't want to just poke at em, I know she's getting tired of me checking em every hour. I don't have any photos, but I'll try and get some. It's so hard to see em though since their kinda dark and she's blue, but I'll see if they'll turn up in a photo.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.