Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Roxy said:
omg, thats quite scary that dogs out there are trained to attack in such away :shock:

JMO.
I think there's a difference between a controlled attack and an actual attack. The guard breeds need to know
when it is OK to bite so they will know when it's not. This makes them reliable in not attacking people at their own will.

Don't try this at home kiddies, only go to a professional trainer who is skilled and experienced in protection training.
Attempting this yourself will seriously screw up your dog and may cause your own death. LOL.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
I thought he was talking to me.. LOL.
I'm like.. does he WANT people to try it at home?
I don't think so.. LOL.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Well, I don't think BSL has anything to do with pit bull attacks. It has to do with human fear and the media.
Truth is, there aren't that many REAL pit bulls attacks. Some are made up completely, as there was no proof
of any attack happening but the news had to fill in some slots (my dad works for the paper, trust me it happens
more than you can imagine). There are attacks where someone's own dog attacks them but they claim it was a
"stray pit bull" just to save their own ass when they go to the hospital. Then there are attacks where the dog
isn't a pit bull, doesn't even resemble one, but the media feels they'll get more attention by saying it was. then
there are the random pit haters who have either a real injury from who knows where or a fake/unseen injury
which they claim came from a pit bull. Then there are some real pit attacks, few but they are there as with any dog.

Because of all these faked stories and misindentified breeds, the general public has a fear of pit bulls. Though out
of an average 500,000 dog attacks every year, no more than 5 of those each year are actually pit bulls. They say
that more children are killed by their own parents every year than by pit bulls.

Now the point of BSL is really to try to prevent dog attacks, but that simply won't work as the only dogs they are
banning are the dogs least likely to attack anyone. There are places that have banned pit bulls, but have never had
a pit bull attack in their area. That's like perfect town USA passing a law to ban men because it was in the news about
men raping women, they've never had a rape happen but they'd ban men to prevent one from happening.

If you think about it that way, it doesn't make much sense does it?

I personally DON'T see a reason to bite train a pit bull, a correct one won't bite, they were never allowed to bite,
they were never guard dogs for anything so they never had a reason to bite. I think teaching a pit bull when to
bite is ruining it's stability. Any guard breed, I think it's a great idea. But teaching a breed something it wouldn't
normally do and that's been bred/culled out of it for generation just seems to pointless and wrong.

It's like getting an innocent child and teaching them how and when to shoot a gun, why would you?

BTW if your town seriously banned pit bulls,your community wouldn't be able to fight it. It would be law.
I'm sure there are plenty of neighborhoods in Denver which love pit bulls, are they able to fight the city?

So yes, every owner and lover of the APBT should be afraid of BSL.
It's something the entire town/state/country needs to fight, not just one neighborhood.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Re: sad

Chris Fraize said:
Pitbullroyalty,

You are misinformed. With a screen name like pit bull roaylty I assume you know alot and have done much with the breed. Could you please list your credentials so I can have a basis for your comments? Thanks in advance.

Safe training,
Chris Fraize
Nelson and Peter, I agree with your posts and agree that maybe the APBT can be protection trained by a professional
experienced trainer. Chris, I apoligize if I offended you in my "pit bulls shouldn't be protection trained" comments. I
actually think your dogs are awesome. I only have a little over 5 years experience with pit bulls (hey I am only 24) but
I am learning from some of this best with experience up to 50 years with the breed. They recommend never teaching
a pit bull to have any aggression towards humans, this includes controlled aggression in the form of protection work.
They site that since they were never meant to bite humans, why allow them? I agree, but maybe in a highly controlled
matter.. I don't know. My opinion is bouncing back and forth. I see what you're saying but I trust their opinions also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.