Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone have been away for a while. My poor maddie now has knee problems since last time i was on. I took her to another vet that my vet recommended. She has problems getting up and down.She needs surgery but she first has to loose wieght. She gets her dog bowl and brings it to me i feel so sorry for her. But she has lost about 10lbs. now. The vet told me it will be about 1500.00 dollars a Knee. My poor maddie has had everything a bulldog can have wrong with her.But when i look at her big sad eyes she just melts my heart. Again HELLO hope everyone and there pets are all well.....

·
Registered
10,116 Posts
Hey there Loretta... I've been wondering about you!! I'm sorry to hear about Maddie. I hope the surgery goes well, and fixes her all up. Give her a big hug from all of us!

·
Super Moderator
16,018 Posts
Loretta - it is so good to see you back on. Sorry about Maddie - just went through foot surgery and skin grafting on one of my dogs in March. Wasn't cheap but it is good to see her getting around and feeling better. She is a good size dog too, and will be 13 this Dec. But I feel she is able to be 13 just because we did take care of her, so all was worth it. If Maddie likes raw veggies, maybe you can give her a carrot treat when she brings you her bowl. :D

·
Registered
12,744 Posts
To keep her from getting hungry give her canned pumpkin (not pie filling), it really keeps their bellies full and its good for them.
That is how i got Orson to lose weight by supplementing with the pumpkin and feeding 2 cups food/day.

Poor girl...sorry to hear of all her bulldog problems. Orson has a few himself. Both knees have luxating patella...surgery already on one of them (he was only 8 months old when it was done and that knee is great now), the other knee luxates slightly so as of now he doesnt need surgery on it.
So, i feel for ya!
Hope everything goes well for you and her!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts