Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I posted previously about our Catahoula's possible UTI, then no infection in urine but high sugar, vet asked us to bring her in for blood draw, did that. So here's the results: the glucose was NORMAL, her hematocrit was low (so she's anemic), and her kidney panal basically shows a dog in chronic renal failure (her creatinine, normal is 1.2, was a 7.0!). However, physically she is fine (other than wanting to drink allot and urinating.
He is at a loss to explain it at this point. Thinks it could be a lab fluke, an acute thing due to something she might have gotten into (i.e. poison), or truly renal failure and she is just hardy. So the vet wants to repeat in a week and keep a close vigil to see if she changes in anyway (i.e. starts refusing food or vomiting) then call him to bring her in.
Well this morning she vomited before her morning meal. She was still hungry and is not dehydrated. Our normal vet is out today, but the other vet who works there said it could just be a fluke, and that if there was something serious she would not be keeping anything down (she kept down her breakfast thus far.)
I am now in complete frenzy because I had a cat die of chronic renal failure and she went down hill so fast..........

Anyway - that's the update. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate them.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
We had looked to adopt a boxer a few years back who was in Chronic renal failure. She needed to have blood work done every three months or so - meds of some sort (I think) and a special diet. We ended up not adopting her (she was just to hyper for our then 6 month old son), so I don't know the specifics really. I'll dig around and see if I can find the info I had about it and let you know what I come up with.

Good luck, and I seriously hope your girl is just a thristy pup and nothing more serious.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts