Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do i need to make a useful springpole.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
hey, I tried doing a search on here and was unable to come up with good information without having to read through 147 posts. But I did a google search and this was the first site I found but there were lots more

http://members.aol.com/radogz/springpole.html

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
kogeki said:
I think Diane Jessup had a nice tutorial on her site but it says "Under Construction" now.
yea thats the one i had orginally gone to but saw that also

·
Banned
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
racmoo said:
search function. it really does help. this is not a dis, it's a heads up.
I did the search and it showed nothing but stupid posts. But thanks for the site Kate.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I just made one last night. Not sure if its exactly like the others but it worked. I just got a large screw hook thing to hang it from. Then I got a large spring and some rope. I screwed the hook into the eve of the house, then i attached the spring to it and tied the rope to the other end of the spring. I will get some pics up tomorrow. Deuce liked it. I got all the stuff for it at Home Depot and it didn't cost hardly anything. I also made a flirt pole the same day.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
We are making one this year. My husband would be better at explaining, but I'll give it a shot (I might make mistakes though, please correct me if I seem to be wrong).

We are buying 3 very large poles, maybe 6''-8'' in diameter, I'm not sure how high. Dig two holes about 8 feet apart (we are putting the poles far away so that when the dog is swinging they won't hit a pole) maybe 2.5-3' deep, then fill with cement. Then put the 3rd piece along the top and make sure it is secure. We are going to use a pully to put the rope through so you have controll on how high the dog is. You can use a garage door spring and attatch a jute cloth or rope to the end. I am probably missing something, but I think that's about right. It will give you an idea anyway.

·
Registered
5,272 Posts
i have a hangtime rig in my back yard. made from three 4x4's. the uprights are buried 3 ' deep . i used a heavy garage door spring cut in 1/4's and a winch system for raising and lowering. works well

·
Registered
125 Posts
One queston though....should your dog be a certain age before using the springpole. Philo is 11 months and we really would like to build one, we have the perfect backyard set up for it.

Thanks for the info

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Something I remember from the Diane Jessup write up - it was strongly emphasized that no metal linkages or springs etc. should be anywhere near the biting surface. As in within like two feet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts