Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Rockydoodles said:
Is topping my dog's dry food with parmesan cheese ok? If not, suggestions please
IMO, instead of topping your dog's kibble with something more palatable have you considered maybe getting a more palatable kibble? Might I ask what you're feeding?

Paula

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PaulaEdwina said:
Rockydoodles said:
Is topping my dog's dry food with parmesan cheese ok? If not, suggestions please
IMO, instead of topping your dog's kibble with something more palatable have you considered maybe getting a more palatable kibble? Might I ask what you're feeding?

Paula
Sure.. Purina Pro Plan Adult. I'd love to find him something he likes problem is that i don't have the money to start sampling dog food

·
Registered
979 Posts
Rockydoodles said:
PaulaEdwina said:
Rockydoodles said:

Paula
Sure.. Purina Pro Plan Adult. I'd love to find him something he likes problem is that i don't have the money to start sampling dog food
Yeah, the realities of money. Tell you what though - consider what you're about to spend supplementing a middling food that isn't palatable and compare to something like "Performatrin Ultra Chicken and Brown Rice" if you have a Pet Valu nearby. Also good middle class food is Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance. They both run - where I live - about $36.00 for a 30lb bag. I would feed my dog about 1 cup 2x a day and roughly 4c/lb so it would last your dog about 2months. Basically a bag of this better food would cost you about $18-20 a month. Do a cost comparison with your Proplan with and without the expense of cheese and see what you come up with.

Paula

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PaulaEdwina said:
Rockydoodles said:
PaulaEdwina said:
Rockydoodles said:

Paula
Yeah, the realities of money. Tell you what though - consider what you're about to spend supplementing a middling food that isn't palatable and compare to something like "Performatrin Ultra Chicken and Brown Rice" if you have a Pet Valu nearby. Also good middle class food is Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance. They both run - where I live - about $36.00 for a 30lb bag. I would feed my dog about 1 cup 2x a day and roughly 4c/lb so it would last your dog about 2months. Basically a bag of this better food would cost you about $18-20 a month. Do a cost comparison with your Proplan with and without the expense of cheese and see what you come up with.

Very helpful advice I appreciate it :D
Paula

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
PaulaEdwina said:
Rockydoodles said:
PaulaEdwina said:
Rockydoodles said:

Paula

Very helpful advice I appreciate it :D
Paula

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Yup, the dogfood that SEEMS more expensive now really isn't.
Not only do you have to feed less of it (compared to cheaper food), but your dog is generally healthier
which saves on vet bills. I feed my dog all natural dogfood and she's turning three in a month. She is as
healthy as a racehorse, knock on wood nothing wrong with her. I bring her in for a checkup once a year
and that's it. No problems at all. Perfect teeth too.

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
Although Pro Plan is a crap food, I think the problem may not be what you are feeding your dog but HOW.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts