Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have already kinda posted it, but i will repost and ask for elaboration. I don't wanna forget anything so i will tell you guys what i bought to make my house a home for my bully and you guys can tell me what i missed.

I have a : Crate
Leash,
Nylon collar,
buckle collar for his tags,
bed,
two weighted nonslip stainless steel bowls
two books (dog training and bulldogs for dummies :))
a metric ton of food (royal canin for large breed pups)
a unlimited amount of love and patience

anything i would need that i don't have here i would appreciate. and if anyone could tell me how old he should be before i start training him? and the use of dog personality tests (determining drives and what not)? and whether or not i should use a choke, prong or martingale collar? if these are already posts could some one link them to me? thanks a lot.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Unplug EVERYTHING! And get those plastic plug-guards normally used in kid-proofing.
I was horrified when I caught Griz nibbling on the cord to a lamp, it's one of the few times I raised my voice and really scared him. I immediately went around unplugging everything that had a cord he could get access to and bought the plastic plug guards.

·
Registered
14,577 Posts
I can not agree with the above post more! Unplug, unplug, unplug! Even if you have him crated up or baby-gated, the chance is too great they'll get out and zap themselves!

Aside from that...LOTS of things to chew on, and seriously, go out and buy as much pee stain remover as you can. We should have bought stock in that stuff.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Chance zapped himself and lived. Stood there and barked at the cord for about 5 minutes. He hasn't done it since, but I would agree with those that suggest you unplug everything :p.

Another thing we use are those baby gates that you can put in a doorway. We have a few of them floating around the house, and they're great for if you want to confine your pup to whatever room you happen to be in. Or to keep them out of places you don't want them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts