Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
4,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I was set to have my first bullie girl next week but my breeder just called me and theres been some difficulties with her and she wouldnt feel right selling her in the current state, so I have two other pups in mind after talking to her One female who is also soo gorgeous super hero mask on face and is red/brindle, or a red/white male is very cute as well, he has one brown eye and one white eye but unique markings..She says he's gonna be a small one like 30lbs.

My main question is whats the preference amongst everyone here a male or a female? This is my first bullie so obviously im not looking to breed so a female isnt a must, but I heard males tend to look prettier then females..

Just seeing what everyone else thinks, cause im stuck, I wish I could have both!!! lol

·
Registered
594 Posts
I have always heard that females make better "house pets" I have always had a female! Girls Rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

·
Banned
4,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
by house pets do you mean boys are more territorial and aggresive? or just like to demolish things and go potty everywhere..lol

Its soo hard I wish I could have both because they truly are gorgeous pups!!

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
I believe that each dog is an individual, regardless of sex. I never generalize.

Forget about the puppies physical appearance (unless of course there is an obvious STRUCTURAL fault) and go with the one who has the temperament most suited to you. Colour, markings, size etc, should be the LAST thing you are worried about.

·
Banned
4,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ya thats what I was thinking but their temperament is hard to compare, the male was born in february and can ship to me next week, but the female was born at end of March (31st) so she is still too young to get an idea of her personality yet..

Good suggestion though, Im leaning more towards boy as of right now, he just jumps out to me more

·
Registered
594 Posts
Lisa said:
I believe that each dog is an individual, regardless of sex. I never generalize.

Forget about the puppies physical appearance (unless of course there is an obvious STRUCTURAL fault) and go with the one who has the temperament most suited to you. Colour, markings, size etc, should be the LAST thing you are worried about.
So females aren't less aggressive ect... Is that a myth? I wish I could have taken you with me to pick out our pup. It was just some BYB in Ft.Worth but Glen fell in love with the little female they had. I wish you weren't in another time zone Lisa!!

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I say you need both, they will have a friend to play with. Just joking, it can be a lot of work, money, and time with just one around the house, believe me.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Dogs in general are all DIFFERENT but are most females less aggressive? In my experience NO. I have had more dominant females,more hme protective,more terrtorial,. My females can not be together at all. At least my males dont make drama and just dont pay attention to eachother. Now not all dogs are like this . But from my experience females can be just as protective and dominant as some males. And some males can be big babaies and soem females as well. Depends on the dogs personaility,temperment and genetics

·
Registered
594 Posts
Tia said:
Dogs in general are all DIFFERENT but are most females less aggressive? In my experience NO. I have had more dominant females,more hme protective,more terrtorial,. My females can not be together at all. At least my males dont make drama and just dont pay attention to eachother. Now not all dogs are like this . But from my experience females can be just as protective and dominant as some males. And some males can be big babaies and soem females as well. Depends on the dogs personaility,temperment and genetics
Thanks Tia!

·
Registered
5,272 Posts
i love my male dogs. always have , always will.
but what lisa says is completely true
"I believe that each dog is an individual, regardless of sex."
each gender comes with it's own set of problems. both can be very territorial and dog/animal aggressive.
i agree with trying to choose the pup with the best temperament as well as the one most suited to your lifestyle. some dogs are more (or less) driven than others, choose the one that fits best into your world

1 - 11 of 11 Posts