Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
4,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I know theres no way around the gas in bullies.. Doesnt bug me but is annoying my wife at moments..lol weak stomach :lol: :lol:

Ok anyways Non fat plain yougurt isnt working too well what else can I try..

Im thinking of switching foods again.. Hes been on DVP but recently (past 2-3 weeks) his poos went from firm to runny, back to firm sometimes soft... I think I got a bad batch of DVP or something because thats when it was runny, He's been on new bag but it's firm again sometimes soft but is crazy dark colored now..

Anyhow Not sure if the DVP is not settling well, so if someone can kick out a suggestion on GAS management my wife will love you forever.. :p

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
You can pick up gas pills at the pet stores they have work wonders for Tora and she loves them!! They are chewable and I guess they think it is a treat.........One night I ws not paying attention and she ate the whole bag :shock:

Do you give him any table scraps? That could do it too.

·
Registered
12,744 Posts
Yeah, i've seen those gas pills, they are big ,green and chewable.
I forget about those. Cant hurt!
Weird about the DVP, :? Orson has been eating that for 6 months now
and its been consistant.
Sorry for Mason's smell factor!

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Buster had really bad gas for about a month, so bad it could knock the walls down and clear a room in seconds.CC's mom told me to try Royal canine for bulldogs and let me say he hasnt had any gas since I switched foods.It is made for there stomachs which are gassy and helps the coat as well.The bag is red with an EB on the front of the bag.BTW, I tried the yogurt as well and it made his gas worse.......lol Good luck.

·
Registered
886 Posts
unscented butt

DH and I were just discussing how Zoe has virtually no gas. She is on Natures Variety. She gets no table food and only those dried chicken breast strips from Trader Joe's as treats. (They are just chicken, nothing else in them...Been trying to get DH to taste them, but no luck yet...)

·
Registered
235 Posts
MY DOGS ARE ON dvp duck and potatoe, and they have gnarly GAS!!!!!
i dont know why... they chow down on that food, and every know and them my littlest one with have runny stools.
Im thinkin about switchin them to Merrick,dry food, i give them the chicken thighs they LOVE IT....but i feel bad switching their food on them, b/c they really like DVP !! :?

·
Super Moderator
16,008 Posts
I have four dogs and feed all of them Precise Sensicare Lamb & Rice for dogs
with sensitive stomachs. Do not have any gas problems with any of them
including "Clara the bully".
:wink:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Gator is on Beneful for shiny coats and he has really gross gas sometimes. But sometimes we give him scraps too. (I know bad! but hey it's healthy fruit and veggies...and he LOVES tofu! ) But it happends and we just deal with it. We usually plug our noses and go awwww GATOR! lol. I might have to look into those gas pills!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.