Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
4,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got his last set of boosters today, nails clipped and his parvo..

He weighs 22lbs now! sprouted from 14 REAL QUICK!

But he's still having diarrhea everyday.. were in process of switching his food as I said before so maybe his old food just wasnt sitting right but my vet wants me to compare ingreidients to see if they contain similar stuff.. I will give new food a few weeks, one thing for sure he loves this food WAY MORE..he leaves none of it left..

But they put him on 3 more antibiotics AGAIN... so we'll see how he does... Keep your fingers crossed that he gets rids of the messy poo's....

Sorry to ramble just wanted to post an update on Mason in general

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Glad to hear it :!: What is Mason other than adorable? Did you mix/taper the old to new food? And could the anti's be doing it to him?

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Awwwwwwwwwe, such an adorable pup. Awwwwwwwweeeeeeee, that's like, all I ca nsay!!

·
Banned
4,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I a slowly changing him over... If anything the last set of Anti's he was on seemed to help him..

The vet said maybe he wasnt on them long enough so he says in two weeks if the meds HAVENT fixed the problem and he's still having issues they want to do a Giardia test..

·
Banned
4,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They put him on the anti's because I think there being cautious in that his fecal came back negative but they want to make sure theres no parasites lingering around in his system since it is possible for fecals to coem up negative but still have a parasite.... I thought it was a waste myself but better safe then sorry I guess...

So far no improvemtn on his new food yet.. so if this food doesnt work then I need to think of another alternative...

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Obelisk said:
Yes I a slowly changing him over... If anything the last set of Anti's he was on seemed to help him..

The vet said maybe he wasnt on them long enough so he says in two weeks if the meds HAVENT fixed the problem and he's still having issues they want to do a Giardia test..
People made fun of me when I told them about Giardia but it is an ugly little bug!!!! If it is giardia it is simple to cure :D Sorry that your little guy isn't feeling well :cry:

·
Banned
4,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I heard Giardia was hard to cure.. but that was through an unreliable source.. IM GLAD to hear it's simple...

but im wondering why they didn tjust do the test because what if he gets worse while waiting for two weeks.. hmm I dunno I was thinking maybe it's his food, and it still can be but now im wondering if he does have a parasite...Dont know how you get giardia tho...

My vet also said compare both foods...(the old one vs the new one) and see if they have similar like ingreidients because if so he MAY not get better on the same type of food...

·
Banned
4,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Also will the booster shots/parvo/ or his anti's make him sort of mellow??

I mean he still has energy he loves to play but now he'll just Lay down while in his crate and he just is quiet and kicks back...Wondering if they make his drowsy.. I know he only woke up Once last night which is odd because he's still in the waking up 2-3 times a night phase...

NOT THAT IM COMPLAINING :D

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
no, nothing to worry about i'm sure....he's finally getting used to his crate...becoming home to him....

i hope he feels better soon :(

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Usually boosters make them sleepy, or drowsy for a bit. I remember when Haus got his, he slept all afternoon!

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Leeann.Bella.Remy said:
HausMommy said:
Usually boosters make them sleepy, or drowsy for a bit. I remember when Haus got his, he slept all afternoon!
Ditto with Bella!
really?
i swear baylee is some kind of super dog, nothing ever phased her except her spay :shock:

i only have a few of those adorable sleeping puppy pics..... :( and she never once slept with me :cry:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts