Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I just happend to find this site so I thought I would ask.
We had to put our 14 year old dog down a few weeks ago and now we are ready for our new adddition to the family.
I am looking for a Mastiff puppy for my family, kids are 14 & 11.
I was hoping to find a good breeder, prefer someone in Indidna, husband won't let me spend over 300. If anyone knows of a good breeder they can recommend I would really appreciate it.
Thank you in advance.
Julie

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
So you want a mastiff puppy from a "good breeder" yet you only want to spend $300? Good luck.

I suggest looking for a rescue.

BTW, what type of mastiff are you looking for?

·
Registered
10,116 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss. English Mastiffs and Bullmastiffs sell for around $900-$1500 (or more) from most "reputable" breeders. Lisa had a great suggestion.. try www.petfinder.com. Good luck and let us know how it turns out!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have had several dogs through my life from "good breeders" and they did not cost thousands of dollars which is what some of these people are wanting. I am looking for the Bullmastiff but would even take an English. I have been watching petfinder everyday for months and just not found one and if I have they are so far away. I'm willing to drive a couple of hrs to get one.

·
Registered
10,116 Posts
Hmm, I don't know. Different types of dogs cost different prices. Some dogs you can buy for a few hundred, like pit bulls. Other dogs like EBs and Mastiffs cost a thousand or more. I've never seen a Mastiff for less than $800 and that was a BYB in the newspaper.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We don't even pay that much for our daughters "show" goats and we have won many times with them. I guess I was just shocked at the prices. I'm not saying if they can get that much they shouldn't take it I'm just saying my husband won't let "me" spend that much for a new addition to our family.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts