Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In quotation marks because it is not REALLY a mauling, just seems like it!

I explained in another post that when my mom comes to visit, she practically gets mauled by my dogs. They literally have a plan when she walks in and I can swear it has been thought thru very carefully by the pups, as they are routine every time.

And I have tried everything to stop it short of asking my mom not to come over anymore!

Daizy wiggles so very hard that she cannot walk at all, thus falling and landing on her chin, legs splayed every which way, etc. She "squiggles" to my mom so that my mom has no choice but to bend over to pick her up, because once Daizy is at her feet, she gets stepped on by the boys.THIS is the "distraction"

THEN, the boys come in ffor the "kill". Cato goes behind her and comes through her legs to throw her off balanace, she is very short, like right at 5 ft, and he is very big! When she wobbles off balance, Chocy jumps up, (without touching her, kinda jumping in the air) and "stabs" his snoot into her face for a kiss. But it hurts, of course he doesnt realize this, he is just trying to kiss but with all the commotion...you know!

Dixie and my others have been trained NOT to go to the door when it is opened. They know this. I have TRIED to train the dogs as well.

If you come into my house, they will not "maul" you like this, but when you sit they will join you and look for attention. When "MI MI" comes into the house, she gets them allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll fired up and makes them go crazy!

I have crated them upon her arrival, but she will go in there and get them squalling to come out to see her, then she lets them out and gets mauled!!!

Should I just tell her not to come over anymore if she's gonna set them off???What if I tell her to ignore them??I know someone is gonna get hurt though at this rate, whether it be Daizy, one of the boys or my mom. I dunno.

·
Registered
979 Posts
sajoseph said:
In quotation marks because it is not REALLY a mauling, just seems like it!

I explained in another post that when my mom comes to visit, she practically gets mauled by my dogs. They literally have a plan when she walks in and I can swear it has been thought thru very carefully by the pups, as they are routine every time.

And I have tried everything to stop it short of asking my mom not to come over anymore!

Daizy wiggles so very hard that she cannot walk at all, thus falling and landing on her chin, legs splayed every which way, etc. She "squiggles" to my mom so that my mom has no choice but to bend over to pick her up, because once Daizy is at her feet, she gets stepped on by the boys.THIS is the "distraction"

THEN, the boys come in ffor the "kill". Cato goes behind her and comes through her legs to throw her off balanace, she is very short, like right at 5 ft, and he is very big! When she wobbles off balance, Chocy jumps up, (without touching her, kinda jumping in the air) and "stabs" his snoot into her face for a kiss. But it hurts, of course he doesnt realize this, he is just trying to kiss but with all the commotion...you know!

Dixie and my others have been trained NOT to go to the door when it is opened. They know this. I have TRIED to train the dogs as well.

If you come into my house, they will not "maul" you like this, but when you sit they will join you and look for attention. When "MI MI" comes into the house, she gets them allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll fired up and makes them go crazy!

I have crated them upon her arrival, but she will go in there and get them squalling to come out to see her, then she lets them out and gets mauled!!!

Should I just tell her not to come over anymore if she's gonna set them off???What if I tell her to ignore them??I know someone is gonna get hurt though at this rate, whether it be Daizy, one of the boys or my mom. I dunno.
With my dogs (4) I use a spray bottle (the mere threat) works.

Paula

·
Registered
17 Posts
spray bottle

Yes the spray bottle works great
Just grab it and point and Cheeto goes and lays down.....i keep it handy for those moments...

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Not to be rude but you should write a book or something cause your life seems to filled with drama.

Your son and the races
moving
you son not wanting to move
pups
dogs
moving again
hives and hubby
you and bloody urine
mauling dogs

It's like a soap opera :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
........and you dont know the half of it!!

really, there's more, but.............

Yes, my life is go, go, go, never stop. It seems like if its not one thing it is always another.

That is why I am hoping this move to the mountains where it is alittle more laid back and quiet will help chill things out!

·
Registered
414 Posts
The best way would to completely ignore the dogs. Pretend they are not even there and when they settle down, let her praise the dogs and pay attention to them. Just talk and walk and pretend you have no dogs. Don't give them the attention that they crave while they behave badly.

Also, Choco, Cato, and Daizy do the same things my pup does. When she lays down she looks up with these soulful eyes, or constantly keeps her head down, and with her huge neck, it goes pretty low.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Yote is exactly the same way. He goes nuts when my mom comes over. He couldn't care less about anyone else that comes over, but he loses his mind when she comes over. She tried to do the ignoring routine, but he leaps in the air and scratches and bites at her face, which is impossible to ignore. He just goes absolutely nutso. I know how to make him stop when he acts crazy, but she won't do what I advise to make him stop. She freaks out just as bad as him, which makes it worse. So, now I put him on his leash and prong collar and bring him up to her calmly. When he starts to act crazy, I give a little tug and make him heel. Then when he's calmed down and regains his sanity, I let him off the leash. It's the only thing that's worked, and he's slowly getting better and better.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lol, I can envision them getting tangled together in their leashes!!!

That reminds me, when WP training the other day, I laughed so hard....Cato didnt like and still doesnt like the fact he is dragging something that makes noise(milk jugs) and stops to look every foot or two. And the jug hit a root, and made a crack saound, and he turned real fast because when it cleared the root it hit him in the butt, and got spooked and started to turn again...next thing I knew he spun to where he had hog tied his back legs together with the harness.......Poor baby, it was so tightly wound we had to lay him down to unwind it, back legs extended way up in the air, panic onhis poor big ol face...Lol, had to be there!!

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
sajoseph said:
That reminds me, when WP training the other day, I laughed so hard....Cato didnt like and still doesnt like the fact he is dragging something that makes noise(milk jugs) and stops to look every foot or two. And the jug hit a root, and made a crack saound, and he turned real fast because when it cleared the root it hit him in the butt, and got spooked and started to turn again...next thing I knew he spun to where he had hog tied his back legs together with the harness.......Poor baby, it was so tightly wound we had to lay him down to unwind it, back legs extended way up in the air, panic onhis poor big ol face...Lol, had to be there!!
Lol! Poor little guy. :lol:

Yeah, it would be tough with three puppies. I bet everything is triply difficult with them. You could just introduce them separately on the leash when she comes over. It would take forever, but they would learn how to behave over time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts