Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are new here and new to having an American Bulldog. Maximus is 10 weeks old and we have had him for 3 weeks. Today was our first vet appointment and we are not satisfied. As soon as we walked in the vet assistants called Maximus a Pit Bull. We notified them that he was NOT a Pit. No offense to Pit owners but call our dog what he is!! The vet also called him a Pit Bull. We told him he was an AB and he shruged and said whatever. Agervating!! On his records at the vet say he is an American Staff Terrior. Should we be as upset as we are?

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
I would be upset if I were you. Your vet and the techs are showing blatant disregard toward you. I think they're being highly unprofessional by just shrugging you off. I'd find a new vet if I were you!

P.S. Welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Welcome!!! If you have any type of papers I would take them with you to the vet to show that he is in fact an AB.
From what you are saying though and JMO I would probably find a vet that deals with bull breeds and doesn't shrug you off like this one did. Doesn't sound to friendly.

Post some pics of the little guy!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts