Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

That's Bishop. I just got him today. At 8 mo. old, he's already 55 lbs. The SPCA called him a pit mix. I saw it at the time, but now that I got him home, I'm seeing the molosser (Great Dane body type-ish, Rotty colorings?) but not as much of the terrier (but he does sort of have those funny/confused pit ears I see sometimes). He's incredibly strong and playful, a bit crazy.

What do you think?

·
Registered
719 Posts
Could be Dane...it'll be easier to tell with the cone off...and maybe a side shot of his entire body?

He IS very cute!

·
Registered
965 Posts
LegendsMami said:
He's handsome. He looks like a Great Dane/Pit mix maybe but looks defintely part Great Dane. He's gorgeous. I love his color! :D

I agree. I think he is a Dane/Pit mix, but he shouldn't be too big, 55lbs at 8 months is a little smaller than I would expect. He will probably be about 75-80lbs. Jaeger, my 21 week old APBT, is now weighing in at 48lbs. He is probably going to be in the 95-100lbs range.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
For such a big dog, he has a surprising lack of bulk... we have a rhodesian ridgeback x black mouth cur who is a fatty 100+ pounds, but has a very very solid musculature. Bishop is surprisingly light. I think he keeps all of his weight in his head.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts