Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I'm new and thought I would introduce my dog and myself. :) I was set on getting another Rottweiler after having to put ours down because of lymphoma. My husband and I went to the shelter to try to find another Rottie. We found one, but found out the hard way he had an injured leg and was quite aggresive when you touched it (biting and biting HARD, our poor adoption counselor). When our rottie was injured he would never ever act like that. We decided even with a fixed leg we didn't want to take a chance with another incident. We fell upon a little pit bull pup. Oh my gosh, getting her has been great! We have only had her since Saturday night. She learned her name within hours. Comes when called or whistled at. She knows how to sit. She knows how to use the doggy door and the only accident she had today resulted from my other dog sitting in front of the doggy door so she couldn't get out. Shortly after the other dog moving she went out on her own and pooped! She walks on a leash without ANY problems. I just can't get over how smart she is! We also allowed her out of her pen last night and she came and laid down next to where we were sleeping all night! She is such a lovey dog as well. The only thing I'm trying to get under control is the nipping.....My poor other dog LOL. I've just never had a puppy this smart and such a fast learner! My husband and I are very impressed. Any future pupps will have a high bar to match LOL. Anyway here are a few pics of her! :lol:

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
So CUTE!!!! How old is he??

We just recently lost our Rottweiler, he had Osteosarcoma. Rotts are GREAT dogs!!!! We miss Bruno so much.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Supposedly she is only 4 weeks old, but I'm willing to guess she's a little older. Losing my rott was HARD! I didn't imagine I would have a lot of the emotions I felt. Chloe is helping me heal slowly but surely! It also helped to have another dog to cling to. Now the challenge lies in getting these two dogs to be buddies like my rott was with Marco.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
oh she is sooooo cute and tiny!

Welcome both of you!! :D

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
She's adorable!! Welcome to the forum. :D

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
WELCOME and I too am jealous as the pictures are not showing up.
You will have to post new ones in the photo section so that we can see :)

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You should be able to see them now ;).... I'm going to post some more in the picture forum later tonight. She is getting so big!

Amanda

·
Registered
10,116 Posts
That reminds me of Heaven -- when I first rescued her, I couldn't believe how fast she would catch on. She could learn a new command within a couple HOURS instead of days or weeks like most other dogs I owned. Hell, my stupid little chihuahua/toy fox terrier never did learn a thing. This breed (APBT) is VERY intelligent. Once you own one, it's hard to ever want anything else!

WELCOME to the forum!

·
Registered
451 Posts
I know what you mean, Boss has been able to learn new commands in about 10min, the only trick he had a bit of a harder time with, was "talk" which is not "speak" :D

Anyway, good luck with your new pup!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts