Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey!

This is Loki my new pet bearded dragon. He is about 8-9 weeks old and is just the coolest thing. The dogs get along with him pretty well. I still usually put them up when I hold him just cause I am scared if he gets the zoomies (yes my lizard gets zoomies too) that he will look to much like the outside lizards that the dogs love to eat :shock: ! The dogs know he is off limits though...but when he is running full speed across the couch...I just don’t trust them yet. Scarlet will sit outside his cage and just watch him for hours...she is so mesmerized by him. Clutch could give a rat’s ass, he’s such a dork! Anyway on to my pics…they are off the cell phone so not the best but you get the point!

This is how he likes to sleep when you are holding him. He snuggles in with his face and then tucks his little arms in...

This is to give you an idea of his size...this is my boyfriend holding him...hes not as small as he looks, Marc has big hands LOL...

This is so you can see his colors...he is a snow x orange. (white crossed with orange)

He is soo cool. I am not new to reptiles...I have owned one or another for 1/2 my life but I have never owned a lizard that was so tame and comfortable around people as Loki. He reminds me of the dogs in a way. He does that head side to side thing like dogs do when you talk to him. He also has some expressions he makes that are so himan like. If anyone is interested in getting a lizard get a beardie!

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
lol, that is sooooo cool! I love how you described him that he is so similar to the dogs with the zoomies and then head turning thing. I bet it is histarical to watch scarlet just sit there looking at him!

You have a mini zoo now!

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kate said:
You have a mini zoo now!
I do have a zoo! lets see
2 dogs
2 snakes
4 turtles
1 lizard

Plus more to come...my boyfriend is talking about getting a burmese python (hes scared they will make them illegal to purchase soon because of the everglades problem) with in the next 2 months.

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
cfhoftampa said:
Kate said:
You have a mini zoo now!
2 dogs
2 snakes
4 turtles
1 lizard

Plus more to come...my boyfriend is talking about getting a burmese python (hes scared they will make them illegal to purchase soon because of the everglades problem) with in the next 2 months.
Wow! Those get really big, don't they?

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kasco said:
cfhoftampa said:
Kate said:
You have a mini zoo now!
2 dogs
2 snakes
4 turtles
1 lizard

Wow! Those get really big, don't they?

Yea they get real big...they top out ususally around 18 feet and can get up towards 200lb some more. We had one before that was 13 feet by 2 years old and weighed about 130. We were young when we had Asia and we could not afford to feed her all the time (Rabbits can get pricey) so we gave her to a friend. Now that we are more responsible and have money I think we can handle another one. We have huge cage alreasy and just need the snake to fill it. We are really thinking about getting one from Bob Clark. He is a well know python breeder and has even had shows on Animal Planet and National Geographic www.bobclark.com. Check out his site he has some really beautiful snakes. We want an albino one and it just happens that Bob Clark was the first person ever to breed albinos in captivity. I think it would be so cool to have a Bob Clark reptile....its a big name in the reptile world.

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
He really has some beautiful specimins and his prices are suprisingly reasonable too! I'm going to send that link to my brother, who's a reptile enthusiast as well!

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
They scare me to death, but i can appreciate their beauty. Wouldn't catch one in my house tho!!!

If it's not warm blooded, furry, and has more than 4 legs (or no legs at all!) its not for me!

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Kasco said:
He really has some beautiful specimins and his prices are suprisingly reasonable too! I'm going to send that link to my brother, who's a reptile enthusiast as well!
He has some amazing snakes...some not for sale because they are one and only. He has helped to make snakes a more common pet and has incresed the reptile trade.

Snakes are for some and not for others...my grandmother will not even step foot in my front yard because of my pets :( .

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Funny story, we had a Columbian Boa (who now lives with my bro) and we took her to the park one day in the summertime. well, this woman came out of the pavillion and was like "Excuse me, we rented this park and I don't like snakes, could you please leave?" I said "No, I'm sorry, you rented that pavillion not the whole park. This snake will not go anywhere near you, I promise" Then all these people came out from her party to see the snake, they loved her! LOL :lol: Some people just have such pre conceived notions about reptiles, they're slimy, they're poisonous, they will attack....I love when you can show them differently. hmmm....kinda like with Pitbulls too!

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Kasco said:
Funny story, we had a Columbian Boa (who now lives with my bro) and we took her to the park one day in the summertime. well, this woman came out of the pavillion and was like "Excuse me, we rented this park and I don't like snakes, could you please leave?" I said "No, I'm sorry, you rented that pavillion not the whole park. This snake will not go anywhere near you, I promise" Then all these people came out from her party to see the snake, they loved her! LOL :lol: Some people just have such pre conceived notions about reptiles, they're slimy, they're poisonous, they will attack....I love when you can show them differently. hmmm....kinda like with Pitbulls too!
I have a columbian boa and a blood python. We take them in the front yard a lot and even take them with us on dog walks sometimes. But the things I have heard people say like they read it in a science book are so amazing. I have had people argue with me that all snakes are posionus...and we get the poison removed :roll: . I have had people make the wierdest faces at me when I say they need water and they poo. Like they never drink or have to go to the bathroom. :roll: I have had someone ask me arent you afraid they will escape out their cage and wrap you up at night...like thats all the snake thinks all day is revenge on man. I just usually tell people who dont like them...dont kill it. It wont hurt you, it is more scared of you then you are of it. Just ignore it. Its funny because the people on my street know we are "the snake people" and we get knocks on the door weekly to go grab a snake off someone porch, or one went in the bushes find it (yea right) ! They know we'll help...better us then the guy who wants to smash its head with a rock.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts