Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new foster baby. He needed a big name - he's only 3 pounds! :lol:

What do you think? If I had to venture a guess, I would say staffy X border collie. ??? That is a complete shot in the dark. LOL Weasel X panda?

Excuse the pic quality. All I have right now is my phone.

Here he is snuggled up with his stuffy. I promise all he's doing is sleeping in there! :lol:

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
He's about 4 weeks. A couple of kids found him in the woods and took him home. They were tossing him around like a softball and bouncing him on the trampoline and leaving him outside all the time, so their next-door neighbor went over and took him. He had him for a week before I picked him up on Friday - at which point he was 4 weeks old, so this pup was dumped in the woods when he was probably 2 and a half weeks. Grrrr! :evil: People suck, and WTF are they teaching their kids if they think it's okay to treat an animal that way?

Hooray for the neighbor! His name was Roman, so I gave the little guy a big Roman name. :lol:

Murphy - find a rescue group in your area and let them know you are interested in fostering. There are probably different procedures for each state and group, and they are always looking for good, dependable foster homes. I just kind of fell into it with a dog I found, then never gave it up. We are regulated by the state department of agriculture - there is a foster-home agreement I have to sign every year, and a yearly inspection of the house. They just look for things like how clean the area is kept, whether or not there's adequate ventilation, adequate space, fire-extinguishers on hand, etc.

English Sheepdog? Hmmmm........... :D

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
augrad said:
He's about 4 weeks. A couple of kids found him in the woods and took him home. They were tossing him around like a softball and bouncing him on the trampoline and leaving him outside all the time, so their next-door neighbor went over and took him. He had him for a week before I picked him up on Friday - at which point he was 4 weeks old, so this pup was dumped in the woods when he was probably 2 and a half weeks. Grrrr! :evil: People suck, and WTF are they teaching their kids if they think it's okay to treat an animal that way?

Hooray for the neighbor! His name was Roman, so I gave the little guy a big Roman name. :lol:

Murphy - find a rescue group in your area and let them know you are interested in fostering. There are probably different procedures for each state and group, and they are always looking for good, dependable foster homes. I just kind of fell into it with a dog I found, then never gave it up. We are regulated by the state department of agriculture - there is a foster-home agreement I have to sign every year, and a yearly inspection of the house. They just look for things like how clean the area is kept, whether or not there's adequate ventilation, adequate space, fire-extinguishers on hand, etc.

English Sheepdog? Hmmmm........... :D
Poor thing! How could someone dump something so cute??? :shock: Thank god for people like you!!! :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.