Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope you will bear with me as I share the few pictures I have of the best little dog that ever owned me. This is Peanut. She got her name from both her color (peanut butter) and her body shape (looks like a peanut). Very strange little dog. She stood about 8" tall at the shoulders with very stubby legs (about 4" tall), weighed 23 pounds, and was about 16" or 18" long. This is Peanut fully grown peeking out from under the covers.

Peanut as a pup, probably about 10 or 12 weeks old.

I use the past tense because Peanut is no longer with us. She has been gone now close to 4 years, and we still miss her so very much. Tragically, Peanut managed to get into my father in laws welding shop where she found some rat poison. The bag had been placed on some shelves, out of reach of the dogs, but as the vermin ate through the bag, some of the pellets fell through gaps in the shelving to the floor and, well you know the rest. Her demise was heartbreaking. The poison caused massive internal bleeding, which the vet could not control. I won't/can't go any further.

We never could figure out her breed. She had a lot of the same features as a French Bulldog; head shape, bat ears (as she got older), underbite showing lower teeth, overhanging cheeks, wrinkled frow, wide chest. She had a slightly longer snout than a Frenchie, but very stubby legs, like a Corgi. She was long for her short stature, like a dachsund, but very stout and strong like a bully. She had dew claws on both front legs and her hind legs were bowlegged.

We would really like to find another dog with similar features and looks as Peanut. She definitely had a bully look to her. The rest, who knows. There will never be another Peanut, but we just adored her face and features and would like to find another similar breed. Any suggestions?

I miss Peanut more than others in my family. We had a very strong bond. Only my first dog as a child has stronger sentimental ties. These are the only pics we have of Peanut. This is my son in law with Peanut. He's the one that brought her home in the first place. She loved lying on her back.

Please forgive the long posting. I just wanted to share a special dog. Please, no poems as i am familiar with them. But if you know of a similar dog, feel free to let me know.

Paul

·
Banned
99 Posts
WOW she was one cute dog.. She looks like Gizmo or a mini Mastiff, I am very sorry for your loss.

She looks like some kinda of Pug but there is a breed called a grifon bruxellious ( Sorry about the spelling ) This breed is very varied in look some have little beards but i have seen one on my regular walk that looks very like peanut with the black muzzle too, Hope that helps in your search!

Thanks for sharing the pics with us & we all hope you find another dog to love soon, Good Luck

·
Registered
146 Posts
peanut was so cute! i was also going to tell you about the brussells griffon. that's what peanut looks like to me. a brussells griffon was the dog in the movie "as good as it gets". you could probably find one on terrificpets.com. it is amazing how these little creatures can touch our hearts so deeply!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.