Bulldog Breeds Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
Bella is outside chewing on a raw knuckle bone. It must be pretty exhausting (either mentally or physicall, I'm not sure) for her, because she keeps lifting her head up to pant!!

I also like randomly asking my dogs throughout the day, "Where's your toy??" They dart around the house looking for any of their toys (which are usually put away in a toy basket, but they never figure that out!)

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OrsonDogge said:
I like hiding tiny little treats around the room and telling
him to "go find them". He eventually finds them all.
I was hoping this would be one of the replies. I had read about this one, but didn't know the details. Do you just hide them randomly or do you use objects (I think I read you use paper cups and have half with treats, half without).

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Now that I think of it....we talk to them like babies and do everything for them....no stimulation there, LOL

But I give them sticks every night....so they seem pretty hard at work, hehe. And I do some basic training. I should do some more tho.

My poor bums!

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
I hide treats in a blanket, when I go out. Plus we play hide and seek. I give the kids treats and I keep CC in the kitchen and tell them to hide. I tell her to find them(by name) and if she gets the right one she gets a treat.

·
Registered
12,742 Posts
I give the kids treats and I keep CC in the kitchen and tell them to hide. I tell her to find them(by name) and if she gets the right one she gets a treat.
Yes, i will also hide myself somewhere in the house and yell
"come fnd me", he'll run all over house trying to find me and whenever
he's NOT close to me, i keep yelling "come find me". When
he does, i give him lots of praise.
I just hide treats randomly around the room, most times i cannot
even remember where they are. :? :lol:
I think if you hide treats under something, some dogs get
frustrated too easily and give up. Depends on the dog tho.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
I make puzzle boxes for Harley. I use empty cereal, tissue, cracker whatever kind of box and put soem left over meat or cheese inside. Then I tape it shut & give it to her. Sometimes I put several boxes one inside another. She LOVES them.

·
Registered
226 Posts
This last winter when we couldn't get April out that much I started making her chase her food. I would leave my car out of the garage and just literally throw her food piece by piece across the floor. She absolutely loves it and has really gotten good at stopping it with her paws, it doesn't even really take that long 2 cups of food probably took us about 30 mins.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I also play and hide and seek with Bogart. He will search forever
to find me. It's so much fun! Every night he also gets his Buster Ball
full of food.

·
Super Moderator
15,981 Posts
If Clara is not chewing on her toys trying to figure out how she can destroy them, then she is watching me trying to figure out what I am going to do next. This keeps her pretty occupied because she wants to be one step ahead of me at all times. :wink:

I've done the hide treat game, training (but she is quick). What I would love to do is train her
to find people. I truly think with her intelligence, determination, and her nose and her desire to please, she would be so good at this.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.