Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I'm new here and have a question about my roommates dog. Trump(the dog) is 15 months old. He shows no signs of intelligence. He sqeeks constantly, he can't hardley do the simplest of tricks, is barely house trained, chews, bites , barks at his own image in a mirror, and is agressive to animals and humans all of this in spite of 2500 bucks worth of the best training in our area. Trump is also extremly short for a supposedly pure breed pitbull of his age. I suspect that he was a runt and/or a water puppy who had brain damage from being breed purely to make money/fight. I've breed and trained all sorts of dogs from mutts to french bulldogs to german shepherds and I am a k-9 officer and have never seen a dog act like this. It's hard for me to describe him adequalty but he acts at least mildly retarded. Has anyone ever encountered a dog like this. I know some of his "pedigree" since fostered his grandfather who was a great dog. I guess my question is is he retarded or just poorley breed or both. thnkas for reading this long post.

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
I'm pretty sure my 15-month-old dog Remy is mildly retarded. I've had him for almost 3 months, and despite working with him every day on "down," he's just not getting it. He seriously acts like a 4-month-old puppy. He'll get into everything (gargage especially) if he's not closely watched, but overall, I find his personality really endearing. He's slow, but he's sweet as can be. :)

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Our peke is DS and we have a femal APBT w/ a Palsy.
The Palsy puppy shows no mental problems........the peke???YUP! He was diagnosed 2 years ago.

The puppy could be very super immature yet, some dogs dont grow out of things like that for up to 2 years (so I have heard) OR, yes, could be MR.

Hard to distinguish, because he cannot talk.

Even a vet prolly cannot do anything for him, other then maybe a med for a behavior (OCB)
Poorly bred??Nah, I dont believe that, because he is short means nothing, one of mine is a squirt, just as short as he is wide, beautiful. An accident at birth is so easy, not enough oxygen in the brain, blood supply or oxygen temporarily cut off due to the mother or siblings somehow, who knows,OR, even a virus in the brain could have caused this at a very young age.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts