Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I know, food discussions have been beaten to death! But I had to tell you guys, I stopped at the store on the way home tonight to get a bag of Canidae. I decided to pick up a couple of cans of food as a treat and I got the Merrick Wingaling. I couldn't believe it when I opened the cans, there were three real whole chicken wings in the can! It was awesome, the dogs loved it. And it dosn't smell like some can foods do. They were pretty expensive, $1.89 a piece, but I will definitely buy them again as a treat. I just thought it was so funny to empty out these cans and see whole chicken wings! LOL Guess I'm easily amused! :lol:

·
Registered
14,577 Posts
Kasco said:
I know I know, food discussions have been beaten to death! But I had to tell you guys, I stopped at the store on the way home tonight to get a bag of Canidae. I decided to pick up a couple of cans of food as a treat and I got the Merrick Wingaling. I couldn't believe it when I opened the cans, there were three real whole chicken wings in the can! It was awesome, the dogs loved it. And it dosn't smell like some can foods do. They were pretty expensive, $1.89 a piece, but I will definitely buy them again as a treat. I just thought it was so funny to empty out these cans and see whole chicken wings! LOL Guess I'm easily amused! :lol:

Kasco, is there any wheat in there?

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cinder said:
Kasco said:

Kasco, is there any wheat in there?
Nope, just brown rice!

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Cool, I'll have to see if the local feed store has that stuff. Sounds kinda like Evanger's.

DVP makes something similar - like chicken soup and hobo chili, etc. I bought a couple cans just to see what it was. D*mn near stuck it in the microwave and grabbed a spoon.

Well, not really :p.

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Chico.Heidi said:
Like whole chicken wings with bones? That's crazy! Is it cooked?
Yeah, they're cooked using a special process that softens the bone for "easy consumption". :D

·
Registered
965 Posts
Since your dogs liked Wingaling, try them on Smothered Comfort. It has two or three chicken thighs in it. Also, Matieca's favorite is the Brauts n Tots. It has brautworst in it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
ive never heard of it.........lol
but we will definately......look for it.......healthy treats are always needed.......
we are not welcome in the local pet stores.......
just where did you find it.......
can i get it elsewhere.......
i dont tend to spend money places that dont welcome my dogs......
call me picky....lol

·
Registered
965 Posts
chewylovesmack said:
but we will definately......look for it.......healthy treats are always needed.......
call me picky....lol
Check out the internet. I know you can buy it by the case from Merrick Pet Care's website. Also, I think there is a store locator on their website.

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
chewylovesmack said:
call me picky....lol
I get it at a local feed store, County Max. Not sure if you have anywhere around you like that or not.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
haha too funny. I ONLY feed my dogs Merrick canned food (Along with their dry food)
The recipes are awesome and soo healthy!!

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Magnus Maximus said:
Why not just feed your dog real chicken wings at .08 a piece?
Well, personally, I don't like to because Chopper has a tendencie to swallow them whole and Im afraid he'll choke. And the Merrick can food has lots of good stuff in it for them.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
That is the only food I mix with Moose's food-way back I had a problem with Moose not, eating. My son who worked at a health food pet shop told me to feed it to him and now he eats. The only thing is he only likes wingaling and Turducken.I get at Pet Supermarket for $1. 59 per can.

·
Registered
932 Posts
I get SOOOOO nervous feeding Patch raw chicken wings and chicken necks!
what do you guys think of them???

i get scared he's going to choke.... but he really likes them, i've only given them to him a few times.

i want to chase down this merrick stuff .... haven't seen it around.

·
Registered
66 Posts

Awesome to see people catching on to the Merrick. We have been using it for quite a while and the whole pieces of chicken and whole sausages are great. Sayde Mae loves it and their kibble is very high quality as well with whole pieces of fruit and veggies and no filler or corn etc.

It is a little expensive but they say you can feed less due to the quality. It is less expensive than some like Timberwolf or EVO, which are top notch foods but DANG. We definately don't feed her less than we would with a lesser quality food and it costs us about 60 bucks a month for her food which is the Merrick Wilderness Blend kibble mixed with any variety if their wet foods.

Check them out for yourself at www.dogfoodanalysis.com.

HEY CINDER. You can get this at the Pampered Pet by our house.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts