Bulldog Breeds Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
4,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering on chipping my pup when I get him, but only because people are creating alot of hype about how beneficial it can be.. I dont really see how it's that important unless you eave your dog out, but just curious what some of you guys thought about it? :?

·
Registered
208 Posts
I feel the same way but honestly for the price why not?

Microchipping is part of the contract for my new puppy. Not only that, I have to list the breeder as a secondary contact. My dog is rarely if ever outside without me or my wife. The only way she could get away is if someone stole her or I left a gate to my fence open and Lucy ran off and didn't respond to me.

BTW, am I the only person that gets angry over the Katrina disaster and people pushing microchipping because of it? Like hell I would ever leave my dog if I left my home for a storm. I can't believe we are giving dogs back to people that left them to fend for themselves when the hurricane blew through.

You leave your dog during a hurricane and you don't deserve to own that dog.

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Haus is microchipped.

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
I frequently chip my fosters. IMO, you can never have too much ID on your dog. Most of us are very responsible dog owners who love our dogs more than life itself, and would never let them just roam, but you just never know what could happen. Better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
both dogs are microchipped, may not even use them, but it's kinda comforting to know that they are there. its only like $50 so i would do it...Ya never know!

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
yay

i just got baylee microchipped when she was spayed... cost little to nothing. plus if she ends up at the pound for whatever reason, she can be returned without the threat of euthanization!

i believe the Governator of CA said, if a dog has no ID and is not claimed by the third day, it's going to be put down... (correct me if i'm wrong you other Californians)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I fully agree.

My Staffordshire Bull Terrier is now 4.5 months old. When we had her jabbed we also insisted on the microchip.

Cost us £18, which is no expense at all considering it has the wellfare of your pet at heart.

It was a bit harsh seeing her go through the pain for the two seconds it takes (it's not for the faint hearted), but you have to take their well-being into consideration.

Small price to pay, and you have to realise that (God forbid) you ever lost your dog and didn't have the chip, you'd be the first to state "hindsight is a wonderful thing".

·
Banned
4,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow didnt realize soo many people would have it done.. Lol Ill get it done, I care more about my dog then to just let her roam or lose her by like you say, you can never have to much ID on a dog or be to safe..

Does it matter what age they are? I have to schedule a visit with a vet within 48 hours of getting my pup so could I and should I just have it done then since im probably gonna wait till he's 6 months to get him nuetered..

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
I planned on doing Lucy's when I spay her, but since I am planning on showing her, I have to wait to spay her, I just made her appointment for next week.

Does it really hurt them?

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Meg,
It doesn't really hurt them. Haus didn't flinch at all, he was too busy eating a treat. He bled just a bit, because the needle is kind of big. But he wasn't sore on that spot or anything.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yay on micro chip! I had Stuart's done while he was being neutered because the needle is rather large and I didn't want him to be in any extra pain. When I first got him I thought I wanted him to have a tattoo to identify him with. But the vet explained tattoos can be altered and almost every vet or shelter has a micro chip scanner. I am with Staurt almost all the time. But if I was sick and in the hospital or if I have someone take care of him while I go on vacation he could get loose. Also, if he was stolen from my yard I would be able to prove he was mine with the micro chip.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I like microchipping too. All of my dogs are microchipped, mostly because the are OFA "certified". Also in Texas there is a new state law, any dog adopted from a shelter or rescue organization must be microchipped at the time of spay or neuter as proof of sterilization.

·
Super Moderator
15,970 Posts
Bremner53 said:
I planned on doing Lucy's when I spay her, but since I am planning on showing her, I have to wait to spay her, I just made her appointment for next week.

Does it really hurt them?
The chip is inserted under the skin so there is probably pain upon insertion, but if it is done when they are spayed they are under sedation and would feel nothing.

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
All of my dogs are microchipped. I had them done when they were "fixed". Jasmine is a notorious escape artist. Although I feel myself to be a responsible pet owner, things happen. For $40 bucks, it worth it to me to have that little bit extra piece of mind.

·
Banned
4,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My pup shall be recieving the chip as soon as I get him and when I schedule his first vet visit, I cant help but see only benefits now

·
Banned
4,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thatd be him!!

I posted the only 4 pics I have of him currently in PHOTOS section, check em out he is a cutie!

But then again everyones dog on here is!! Never seen more gorgeous dogs anywhere else in my life

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Obelisk said:
Thatd be him!!

I posted the only 4 pics I have of him currently in PHOTOS section, check em out he is a cutie!

But then again everyones dog on here is!! Never seen more gorgeous dogs anywhere else in my life
Awww.....stop, you're making us blush.... :oops: .....no, really, keep gushing, we like it! LOL :laughing8:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts